Need some help with an old revolver
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Need some help with an old revolver

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Need some help with an old revolver

Hi Im a 42 yr old Women that was left a gun I believe early 1900's from my 94 yr old grandpa 3 years ago. I've tried a few times to look it up but had no luck. And am asking PLEASE if anyone could help me? He left me the gun because my cousins are all anti-gun people and I PROTECT my family and with the age of the gun the are saying I'm endangering my family. I'm a NeuroSurgeon a women and I own 5 guns so thats very funny. But I'd like to SHUT them up for good! Its a S&W 32 Long CTG, Patton info on the barrel,
    and the serial# on the round butt is #193993. I have pictures if needed I just have to figure out how to put them on here😃 Thank You SO SO MUCH!!

Member #
    Liked
    57155 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nlystockman View Post
    Hi Im a 42 yr old Women that was left a gun I believe early 1900's from my 94 yr old grandpa 3 years ago. I've tried a few times to look it up but had no luck. And am asking PLEASE if anyone could help me? He left me the gun because my cousins are all anti-gun people and I PROTECT my family and with the age of the gun the are saying I'm endangering my family. I'm a NeuroSurgeon a women and I own 5 guns so thats very funny. But I'd like to SHUT them up for good! Its a S&W 32 Long CTG, Patton info on the barrel,
    and the serial# on the round butt is #193993. I have pictures if needed I just have to figure out how to put them on here😃 Thank You SO SO MUCH!!

A picture would help but I think you're referring to a .32 Hand Ejector, after 1957 re-named Model 30 or 31, shipped 1910-17. As far as the screwball relatives saying you're endangering your family who will they come to when they need protection?
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Some pics finally sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images        

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I'm so silly

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    6rd fixed sights this is original post
    KZero and Cliff like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1063 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nlystockman View Post
    Some pics finally sorry
    Your # 193993 is a ".32 Hand Ejector Model 1903 - 5th Change" which most likely left the factory ~ 2/15.

Shoot and enjoy your family heirloom!
    combat and Cliff like this.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26328 times
    Welcome to the forum! You'll have all of your questions answered soon, if not already.
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

Member #
    Liked
    16726 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Member #
    Liked
    3152 times
    I also have a 32 Long Hand Ejector. They are great, though little, revolvers. Light recoiling and accurate, they allow rapid repeat shots, if needed.

However, there are two schools of thought regarding the 32 Long and it’s use as a primary self defense piece. The more vocal group tends to believe the cartridge is woefully inadequate and grossly underpowered for use in self defense. They can site statistics and anecdotal evidence.

The other view is an accurate shot is more important than a more powerful but wild shot.

I tend to favor the latter thinking. Often the mere presence of a firearm will create the need for the miscreant to exit the area. If the situation deserves shot to be fired, avoid heavy clothing, walls, etc. You are a surgeon? Put the bullets where they will be most effective.

Enjoy that revolver. Take it to your range and get familiar with it.

Kevin
    Cliff likes this.
    Knowledge should be shared and not hoarded.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    38908 times
    Welcome to the forum!
    Everything that happens is either endurable or not. If it’s endurable, then endure it. Stop complaining. If it’s unendurable . . . then stop complaining. Your destruction will mean its end as well.

Links