32 DA Mod 4 with Box ANY info on this would be greatly appreciated ! !
Like Tree11Likes
  • 7 Post By brian5016
  • 3 Post By series guy
  • 1 Post By Wiregrassguy

Thread: 32 DA Mod 4 with Box ANY info on this would be greatly appreciated ! !

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

32 DA Mod 4 with Box ANY info on this would be greatly appreciated ! !

I would appreciate ANY info about this revolver. I know it is a 32 DA 4th Model, made between 1883 and 1909. The box appears to match the pistol. You can see a faint discoloration on the inside bottom of the box where the revolver lay on its' right side for a long time. The left side is in better condition than the right. The cylinder fits almost like new - doesn't wiggle around, all the springs function surprisingly strong. The serial number on the cylinder and frame match. I removed the stock screw but the stocks seem hand fitted and quite tight, so I made no attempt to remove them. There are no cracks in the stocks, and I do realize they are hard rubber - and subject to breaking if dicked with.

I have a model 64, and a model 60. (from the department I retired from) Can anyone more closely determine when this was manufactured? What price might it realize should I decide to sell it?
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Cliff, scott, combat and 4 others like this.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    38881 times
    Welcome to the forum!
    Everything that happens is either endurable or not. If it’s endurable, then endure it. Stop complaining. If it’s unendurable . . . then stop complaining. Your destruction will mean its end as well.

Member #
    Liked
    10151 times
    The numbers 43406-282999 run from 1883 to 1909. It's often futile to try and guess the date by dividing volume with time since S&W often produced guns in batches and then shipped when there was demand. They are also notorious for not shipping in serial number order.
    Cliff, combat and brian5016 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    41072 times
    to the forums from the Wiregrass! There were so many of these little guns produced, they don't retain much value. The boxes, however... To find one, even as beat up as yours, is a gem. Is the gun's SN penciled or grease penned on the bottom? If so, the package has more value. I'd value it at $400-500 with half or more for the box.
    brian5016 likes this.
    Guy

S&WCA #2629 | Ex-Navy Vietnam Vet. / Submariner | NRA Member | S&W Historical Foundation

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiregrassguy View Post
    Is the gun's SN penciled or grease penned on the bottom?
    Thank You for the info. I see no numbers anywhere on the box.

Links