1917 Regulation Police 3 digit serial #
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 1917 Regulation Police 3 digit serial #

Member #
    Liked
    5135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by auntwennie View Post
    Oh wow guys, what a good bit of info, thank y’all! I have always used WD-40 to clean and lube my guns. Maybe not a good idea with this one? Also, I have 40 year old rounds... are the safe to shoot anymore?
    Never use WD-40 on guns. Save for the squeaky door hinge. I've seen too many good guns ruined by WD-40(it's a water displacer, not a rust preventative) Breakfree is good like Hondo suggests.

40 year old ammo might be okay if it was well stored, but a box of 38 S&W won't break the bank, so why risk it. Anyway, Old ammo may be collectible in its own right. Try AmmoSeek.com for deals on new ammo.
    Hondo44 likes this.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." -A.E. van Vogt

" It is simply not possible to believe fossil fuel emissions will destroy the world and, at the same time, oppose nuclear power. "- Dennis Prager

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    It’s a good thing I haven’t used WD-40 on this gun yet. I did use some good gun oil for preserving purposes though. I’ve not shot it but just bought new rounds and kept the old ones in the box. They are much older than I thought but will stay there in their box. Thanks again guys. I know this isn’t the place for Ruger but wondered if anyone knew about a 52-53 model Blackhawk. I just bought it from my stepdad, as he let me buy many of his collection. He’s 90 and figured they were in better hands with me. I am so blessed to have what I have. God is good... All the time!
    Cliff, Oldgungeezer and Injunbro like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1087 times
    Ruger single actions and S&W DAs are the guns I know the best. So send me a a private message by left clicking on Hondo44 above on this forum or post on the Ruger Forum: RugerForum.com ? View forum - Ruger Revolvers

I'll be happy to discuss your Blackhawk. The .357 was the first introduced in 1955. If it's a .22, it's a Single Six introduced in 1953.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    I just figured it was around a 53, as my Stepdad got it after serving in Korea. I’ve got a serial # of 4821. It is a 357!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    I now want to sell my 1917 Regulation Police. I’m needing to pay off some cc bills to get my credit score up to get my VA loan for a house. I’ve been renting this house for 5 years now and have the option to buy. I have other guns I can sell and an antique Guild acoustic guitar. Message me at [email protected]. NO LOWBALL offers!!! Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    PS... Ruger Blackhawk not included!! It’s a keeper!!

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Here are some pictures.. hope it helps. Thank you, Wendy
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    WendyZXZ and jeepnut like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5020 times
    Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have one in very nice shape, I hope I look half that good when I’m over a hundred years old. It should still be in good shooting condition. Shooting it won’t hurt it or it’s value.
    jeepnut likes this.
    Have A Good One,
    Rob

He that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Jesus

‘Twern’t be no good if it wasn’t loaded! John Wayne

I invest in Lead, Brass and Copper. Me

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Thank you Minorcan. I feel like I could shoot it till the cows come home. I hate to sell it but need a house 🏡 . I still have quite a collection but this one doesn’t have as much of a sentimental value to me as the others. These guns are always hard to part with but sometimes you have to do what you gotta do. It is a nice piece but not the most collectible gun in the world. Because I may not get what I need, I may hang on to it and use it as a bedside gun. I keep my Kimber Pro Carry in that spot now. I pity the fool who try’s to break in my house!! 😏. Bring it robber!!!! 🤣

Member #
    Liked
    1087 times
    I'd rather see you sell the RP rather than the 38 Spl/357 Blackhawk.

It's a wonderful family heirloom and much more collectible since it's a very early Type 1 Flat Top made in mid 1956.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links