• 2 Post By dennis40xnc

Thread: The Timpson/Center .22 Classic

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4664 times

The Timpson/Center .22 Classic

The Thompson/Center .22 Classic pleasing to the eye but functionally problematic, I returned my original to the factory under warranty and it was replaced. The replacement rifle was also functionally problematic. So I locked it away in anticipation of T/C refining the design but they simply ended production of the .22 Classic. They offered to replace the rifle with a S&W MP series .22RF.

After (X) number of years T/C recently introduced T/CR22 which draws heavily from the Ruger 10/22 in certain design aspects. So this day I sent a letter to T/C requesting T/CRR22 in exchange for my non functional thus problematic .22Classic

It will be interesting as to how T/C will respond to my request.
    Last edited by dennis40xnc; 06-24-2019 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Spelling

Member #
    Liked
    18360 times
    I saw that. I wonder if the new one will have issues as well?
    dennis40xnc likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4664 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    I saw that. I wonder if the new one will have issues as well?
    At this point I simply don't know thus I await Thompson/Center reply to my letter and go from there!

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11786 times
    We have had several of them in our shop for repairs. They sure have their share of problem"s
    dennis40xnc likes this.
    TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4664 times
    Today FedEx showed up with rifle problematic. The enclosed paperwork indicated the firing pin had been replaced and the barrel chamber polished. No target enclosed, thus we can't ascertain the number of rounds fired. We have some .22Long-Rifle Federal AutoMatch which Federal advertises " Optimized for Semi-Automatic Firearms" thus we will have a range session. The rifles reputation proceeds itself thus its not sellable even if it functions correctly. !
    Injunbro likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4664 times
    Today we set a new record for excellence. Fired (15) Rds rapid fire with out fault from 3 (different)-(5Rd) magazines. This is a record setting milestone in durability. Fifteen rounds with out a failure to feed - fire & eject! Examined the fired cases with a magnifying glass, the chamber polishing appears with in specification with no bulged cases . The firing pin strike appears to be consistent in depth. The fired case extraction appears to be consistent in distance and pattern. Next we'll remount the scope and shoot for groups at 25 & 50Yds off benchrest.
    Injunbro, needsmostuff and bruce like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4664 times
    Today we fired (45) rounds rapid fire, another milestone with out incident except for the elevation section of the rear sight fell free. Yes we found it, but it took some doing!
    bruce and Injunbro like this.

Links