I feel like a cop in the 80's
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: I feel like a cop in the 80's

  1. #11
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    5581
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Villages
    Posts
    7,126
    Liked
    19270 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paneraiguy View Post
    My personal 870 looked just like yours when I got it and it had a 26" barrel when stock.
    "Unapologetically American"

    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty".
    Thomas Jefferson

    "Blessed be the Lord my strength,which teacheth my hands to war,and my fingers to fight". Psalm 144:1

    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T.Larkin

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Member #
    30090
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    219
    Liked
    1125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt360 View Post
    Great looking shotgun! Hope you get out to enjoy it. Range report when you can.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.smithandwessonforums.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif[/IMG]
    My initial intention was to buy one of these to shoot but this this is too damn nice so I think I’ll leave this one as is and pick up another beater to take out to shoot.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Member #
    16076
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    North Central Florida
    Posts
    4,648
    Liked
    11786 times
    Love mine. Got it back after the department retired it. When i left the Department it went to an Lt in corrections. I got it back when he retired and the gun went to SRT supply on trade. Lt from Corrections called me and told me where it was going . I bought it back from SRT Supply. It was in my squad car from 1980 until 2000 when i got issued the new 870 police magnums. The Department finally retired the shotgun in 2015 when the Lt Retired.. Name:  SmithWesson3000 003.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  2.43 MBName:  SmithWesson3000 002.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  2.45 MB

    You can see where the stock is faded from the shotgun rack in the squad car ..
    Cliff, Troll and BonitaBob like this.
    TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Member #
    16076
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    North Central Florida
    Posts
    4,648
    Liked
    11786 times
    Oh for got. I got two of these also. You cannot find them in any Smith Wesson Books. two Stainless Steel model 916s . Smith Wesson denies that they were ever made. But I have the proofName:  photo916.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  1.22 MB
    Injunbro, Cliff, Ratzo and 3 others like this.
    TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

  6. #15
    Senior Member
    Member #
    30090
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    219
    Liked
    1125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Layne12gun View Post
    Oh for got. I got two of these also. You cannot find them in any Smith Wesson Books. two Stainless Steel model 916s . Smith Wesson denies that they were ever made. But I have the proofName:  photo916.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  1.22 MB

    Cool story and very cool guns!

  7. #16
    Senior Member
    Member #
    34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Live Free or Die State
    Posts
    3,874
    Liked
    1890 times
    The Nobel 916s that S&W first sold were less than the best but the Smith & Wesson Pump Shotguns that were made in Japan were much better. The only problem was that they had a bigger price. For Fellows like me the Question was Do I buy a Remington 870 Made in the U S of A or a S&W Shotgun made in Japan for about the same money? The Remington 870 won out.
    Jim

    Firearms safety is no accident.
    S&WHF #242
    S&WCA #2059
    NRA Patron Life

  8. #17
    Senior Member
    Member #
    30090
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    219
    Liked
    1125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimg11 View Post
    The Nobel 916s that S&W first sold were less than the best but the Smith & Wesson Pump Shotguns that were made in Japan were much better. The only problem was that they had a bigger price. For Fellows like me the Question was Do I buy a Remington 870 Made in the U S of A or a S&W Shotgun made in Japan for about the same money? The Remington 870 won out.
    I hear what you’re saying I definitely think at that time I too would have chosen the Remington. Do you by chance have any idea as to the years that these were made? I’ve called Smith and Wesson and they have absolutely no information on these. Thanks

  9. #18
    Banned
    Member #
    20306
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,749
    Liked
    4475 times
    Op, That is a great pick up. I sort of doubt too many are still around with the box, papers and in that condition.


    Now on to FlaRon,

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaRon View Post

    Ron, I'd pee my pants if I saw you coming at me with that thing.
    Last edited by Troll; 10-20-2018 at 08:55 AM.

  10. #19
    Banned
    Member #
    20306
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,749
    Liked
    4475 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Layne12gun View Post
    Love mine. Got it back after the department retired it. When i left the Department it went to an Lt in corrections. I got it back when he retired and the gun went to SRT supply on trade. Lt from Corrections called me and told me where it was going . I bought it back from SRT Supply. It was in my squad car from 1980 until 2000 when i got issued the new 870 police magnums. The Department finally retired the shotgun in 2015 when the Lt Retired..

    You can see where the stock is faded from the shotgun rack in the squad car ..
    Another story with a happy ending. Glad you got it back.


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. I feel like I hit the lottery tonight
    By chaosrob in forum S&W Revolvers 1945 to Present
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 10:06 AM
  2. Biden: Gun Owners 'Just Like the Feel...Like Driving a Ferrari'
    By Stubborn in forum News Links and Political Talk Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-11-2013, 10:34 PM
  3. Feel like sharing some photos for no particular reason.
    By SaxonPig in forum S&W Revolvers 1945 to Present
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 09:37 AM
  4. Bob Beckel makes me not feel so Christian-like…
    By Blackcloud2 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 09:21 AM
  5. My Fingers Feel Like Hamburger.....
    By DocZeus in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
SmithandWessonForums.com is not affiliated with Smith & Wesson. We are an enthusiast site and fans of Smith & Wesson Firearms. To visit the official Smith & Wesson site, click here: Smith-Wesson.com.