Slide Fire SSAR-15 Bump Fire Stock on an M&P 15 Sport ?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Slide Fire SSAR-15 Bump Fire Stock on an M&P 15 Sport ?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19257 times

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Thanks for the welcome.

No, I'm not saying that at all only that full auto suppressive fire is a legitimate form of marksmanship and as such should not be looked down upon by curmudgeony old farts that think firearms should only be discharged at 3 sec. intervals.
    Interesting opinion you have sir.

Marksmanship defined:

A marksman is a person who is skilled in precision, or a sharpshooter shooting,[1] using projectile weapons, such as with a rifle but most commonly with a sniper rifle, to shoot at long range targets. The main difference between a marksman and a normal sniper is that a marksman is usually considered an organic part of a team of soldiers, whereas regular snipers tend to work alone or with other snipers. In the military, marksmen are sometimes attached to an infantry squad where they take accurate long-range shots at valuable targets as needed, thus extending the reach of the squad.[original research?]

Suppressive fire defined:

Suppressive fire is a military term for firing weapons at the enemy with the goal of suppressing their ability to return fire or to move without cover, such as during an enemy assault. Specialized surppressive weapons are common, such as SAW like the M249, the PKM and the PRD. Especially when used with powerful weapons, surpressive fire has high volume and has the potential for high lethality against human wave attacks and thus against related assault techniques. Suppressive fire may be either aimed or unaimed, but the goal is to have it be relatively continuous and preventative of reciprocal assault.

Curmudgeonly defined:

Adj. 1. curmudgeonly - brusque and surly and forbidding; "crusty remarks"; "a crusty old man"; "his curmudgeonly temper"; "gruff manner"; "a gruff reply"

Lanser, have you been talking to my wife ?

Regards,

FlaRon
    "Unapologetically American"

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty".
    Thomas Jefferson

"Blessed be the Lord my strength,which teacheth my hands to war,and my fingers to fight". Psalm 144:1

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T.Larkin

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    FlaRon
    I assume your trying to make a point here but I'm many years past reading between the lines, guess I'm more of a "mean what you say......say what you mean" kinda guy.

No, haven't talked to your wife. My wife has a habit of throwing something at me when I do that.

Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    I remember back when I wasnt a old fart and knew every thing.The suppresive fire you speak of has been around a few thousand years starting with rocks up through spears and arrows to fire arms and artillery.Of course every old fart in this forum knows that. You hang around sport and we will teach you some stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I say, whatever floats your boat or your wallet. Bump fire is a trick that tells me a lot ammo.Like to go to a range of fully automatic firearms to hire people with too much money on ammo the best choice is wasted when your with automatic fire Fasinated at full power. I say, why do not young men into the army, where an M-16 for you and shoot various automatic weapons.
    INNOVATIONS sell tactics twins 10-22 Gatlin Gun barrel conversion kits that will be a little Gatlin gun and make a lot of ammunition that legaly.Being older and a cheap skate I hear the cash register and the smell of burning money can bonified during the coming to full car.

Member #
    Liked
    6577 times
    Always remember...There are no problems in life that cannot be overcome with the proper application of high explosives
    Charlie686

" All that is required for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing"

"If You Can't Move Mountains, Sweep Pebbles...Do Something For Jesus Today!"

"Don't look within searching for truth...You are confused already"

NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    In all honesty, that slide fire stock is a waste of money. It is a cheap novelty. The same can be accomplished by bump firing from your belt loop if you feel the need to waste ammo. Ammo, mags, or a decent optic could be had for what you will waste on that thing.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I must agree with you (and most of the posters replying)----
    I bought more mags--a 22 conversion kit--a new pistol grip---a cross-hair front sight---and a green laser (very cool !, but not really "needed")--and of course, lots of ammo --

But not a bump fire stock--and have no plans to.

At 31 cents a round for 223(best price I can find) -- That's ~ $10 a clip full--for what ? less than 15 seconds ??

Even without bump-fire. you can pull the trigger pretty quickly and still play rapid fire.
    At 4 cents a round (22)--- 80 cents a clip (my .22 clips only hold 20 rounds vs 30 with the 223)---well that is still fun without the $$$ pain.
    And I can pull the trigger plenty fast enough for me to get some chuckles making a plastic bucket "dance" with the .22s.
    The 223's just tear up the bucket (and the budget) way too quickly.

Member #
    Liked
    1281 times
    Slide fire = One of the things I'll buy right after I win the lottery (as well as some drum magazines).
    Just because the answer is simple does not mean it’s not the answer!///
    "God is Great, Beer is Good, People are Crazy!"

http://theboot.com/story-behind-the-...ly-currington/

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the SW M&P Sport II. From what I've researched the item you've linked to should work with your rifle, but there are less expensive slide-fire stocks that work just as good. Here's one at Cabela's for $169.99 : Slide Fire&#8482 AR-15 Stock : Cabela's

Your post is old but I wanted to respond anyway for anyone who might have the same question.

Also, regarding the expense of ammo: Yes. It can be very expensive if used just for sport shooting. However, in this day and age you NEVER KNOW if someone with a fully automatic rifle is going to pop-up from under a manhole cover & start shooting (ISIS inspired, for example). As a former Marine, I feel safer with the CAPABILITY of fully auto if needed. Good luck to all & be safe ! Eddie J

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26369 times
    As a former Marine
    WOW, I've never met a "Former Marine"

Slidefire and it's clones are not automatic, by any stretch of the imagination (I'm not talking about automatic fire either) and probably won't work worth a crap in a high stress emergency situation. It takes forethought to make them work properly, and odds are the person with one in a critical situation will only be thinking about (reacting) pulling the trigger, not making the slidefire mechanism work correctly.
    Injunbro, Ratzo and blitzen25cat like this.
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links