Slide Fire SSAR-15 Bump Fire Stock on an M&P 15 Sport ?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Slide Fire SSAR-15 Bump Fire Stock on an M&P 15 Sport ?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodsDweller View Post
    Hi folks,
    I just picked up an M&P 15 Sport and I'm already looking at new toys for it !

A friend showed me this web page

Slide Fire SSAR-15 Bump Fire Stock - Ships FREE - $349.95 : Military Gun Supply, SSAR-15, Parts Kits, Surplus Guns, And More!

....and I thought that could be fun.

Now let me first say I don't know beans about these firearms, so please forgive my ignorance.
    But after looking at the Sport, it appears the trigger guard, and grip are all separate pieces, as opposed to one integrated piece as the
    Slide Fire piece appears to be.

So, I'm guessing the slide fire unit can't be used on the Sport, despite having the adjustable stock.

I'm hoping I'm wrong and somebody here has tried this piece out and can report back.
    New guy here but not new to firearms. As long as your gun has the adj. stock the Slide Fire should work and the Slide fire is no "gimmick", it works. Now, I would also like to point out that full auto is FUN, FUN, FUN but you pay by the second. My full auto Thompson will empty a 100 drum in about 10 sec. or so. That's about $25-$30 of FUN,FUN,FUN......pretty soon it's FUN, ouch, FUN, ouch, FUN, ouch, reload, ouch. You get the point.

My advice is to buy an M & P 15/22 when you buy the Slide Fire. The price of .22's goes a long way in taking the "ouch" out of the "FUN".
    Last edited by Lancer; 03-05-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, I didn't buy the bump fire stock---YET ???---

But I did buy a CMMG .22 conversion for the Sport---and am now practicing a more "rapid fire" approach with very minimal $$$ pain.
    I was too dollar sensitive to even try a quick fire burst with the .556, and perhaps a bit leery of the possible downrange effects and direction with no "experience" of a cartridge that powerful.
    But the .22 is great on the learning curve. I put about 150 rds of .22 through and about 50 of those were in 10-15 bursts in quite a rapid finger trigger pulling session. (25 Rd mags)
    Quite fun enough at the moment!
    Aiming from the hip by adjustments on the miss is pretty neat. There is a low spot in the ground behind the spinner targets I was shooting at ~ 30 Yds down range.
    Since it had been raining, it had filled with water to make about a 20' x 4' puddle behind the spinner. The water spray gave me some guidance.
    So then I was confident enough to try some rapid fire with the .556.
    But smart enough to only load one 10 round clip !

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The .22 AR conversions are a great thing to have, makes for more shooting and that's alway a good thing. Just so there is no confusion, the Slide Fire will NOT function with a conversion kit, the gun is too heavy for the .22 rimfire recoil.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks !!
    Good to know. I was considering it for the .22 use.
    But thank goodness the trigger finger alone does seem to eat bullets fast enough !

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19334 times
    Old story still valid today:

"Lieutenant we got problems the enemy is through the wire.

Are the men on semi auto sergeant.

Yes they are lieutenant.

Then there's no problem sergeant".

It's not about the amount of fire you put out it's about the accuracy of that fire.

Regards,

FlaRon
    Injunbro, DocZeus and blitzen25cat like this.
    "Unapologetically American"

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty".
    Thomas Jefferson

"Blessed be the Lord my strength,which teacheth my hands to war,and my fingers to fight". Psalm 144:1

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T.Larkin

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaRon View Post

It's not about the amount of fire you put out it's about the accuracy of that fire.

Regards,

FlaRon
    Not true in all situations. Suppressive fire is a very useful and commonly accepted military tactic.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    In our case here, I think we're talking fun factor. (at least I am)
    It's always fun to hit what you're aiming at, but it's also fun to see how many times you can hit it (or see how close you are) in a very short period of time.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You got it WoodsDweller....the fun factor. Sometimes that means precision accuracy and sometimes it means throwing lead down range just for the hell of it but there will always be those among us who will turn their noses up at anyone having more fun than they think should be had. I see this type at the range on occasion, usually some ignorant old fart that doesn't know the rules or the law and thinks it's his job to keep an eye everyone. I'm an old fart myself but one that likes to have a little fun from time to time.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19334 times

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Not true in all situations. Suppressive fire is a very useful and commonly accepted military tactic.
    Welcome to the forum Lancer.

Are you saying suppressive fire should not be accurate ?

If you want to lay down suppressive fire then you should have a target at which to aim your suppressive fire.

The more accurate your suppressive fire the more suppressed your target will be.

Regards,

FlaRon
    "Unapologetically American"

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty".
    Thomas Jefferson

"Blessed be the Lord my strength,which teacheth my hands to war,and my fingers to fight". Psalm 144:1

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T.Larkin

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaRon View Post
    Welcome to the forum Lancer.

Are you saying suppressive fire should not be accurate ?
    Thanks for the welcome.

No, I'm not saying that at all only that full auto suppressive fire is a legitimate form of marksmanship and as such should not be looked down upon by curmudgeony old farts that think firearms should only be discharged at 3 sec. intervals.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links