Installing frame plugs on M&P
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Installing frame plugs on M&P

Hi all I'm new to the fourm . Started owning and shooting about 3 years ago. So I removed the safty from my m&p 9c2.0 9 mill . I got the plugs from smith and wesson yesterday. So after removing the sear housing block and installing the plugs . I. Realized that the L shaped plug that goes into the right side of the frame extends into the frame too far. There is like a little shelf that the plug stops on top of . It's that little shelf that the sear block wedges in between. The plug extends past it ever so slightly but its enough to stop the housing from going in.

I have watched videos where they say they have had the same problem but if you mess with it a bit you'll get it? I don't see how ? The plugg extends into the space the sear housing has to occupy. I called smith and wesson they said they didn't know why . They said mabey the plugs you got are some how defective borax out of spec. They are sending me new ones.

Could I just trim the plug a bit with a exacto knife or a piece of sand paper?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I can't figure out how to post a photoName:  20191111_153300.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  1.65 MB in this photo if it worked I'm not good with this stuff. But if it worked you can see the plug on the right side extending past the shelf or ledge it sits on.

Links