New M&P Bodyguard SAFETY STUCK !
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Injunbro
  • 1 Post By ca survivor
  • 1 Post By ca survivor
  • 1 Post By Pteridine

Thread: New M&P Bodyguard SAFETY STUCK !

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New M&P Bodyguard SAFETY STUCK !

Just bought the S&W Bodyguard .380 tried to pull the safety down to get the gun safe - wouldn't move at all.

Haven't even fired the gun yet.
    How or can this situation be remedy?
    HELP GUYS 😥

Member #
    Liked
    57170 times
    Try pushing the safety up.
    ca survivor likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23264 times
    I had a student show up to one of our CCH classes with one of these. It jammed after firing 3 shots. We could not unlock it, and had to discharge the chambered round before the student could leave the range with it. Ended up loaning them one of our instructor's guns.

Take it back to the store and ask them to resolve the problem. I fear that S&W may have either a design or assembly problem.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Up is SAFE, down is FIRE, the red dot means blood, don't treat it as a street traffic light, like a friend of mine that thought red was safe.
    and to your #2 question " How or can this situation be remedy?" READ THE MANUAL, or take a safety class, the life you save might be your own.
    Injunbro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrerick View Post
    I had a student show up to one of our CCH classes with one of these. It jammed after firing 3 shots. We could not unlock it, and had to discharge the chambered round before the student could leave the range with it. Ended up loaning them one of our instructor's guns.

Take it back to the store and ask them to resolve the problem. I fear that S&W may have either a design or assembly problem.
    Did you read the post ? he is pushing down to go on safe, it's the other way around on the Bodyguards.
    Injunbro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Given the trigger pull weight and the small size and detent spring tension of the safety lever, this is probably the last S&W that would need a safety.
    Injunbro likes this.

Links