Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sheepdogwatches

Thread: 916T trigger spring

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

916T trigger spring

Hello all,
    I've been working on a 916T, but I'm having trouble figuring out how the trigger spring goes back in. Didn't have anything to compare it to in order to photograph it beforehand. (and really no need for anyone to tell me how unreliable they can be, I already understand - every time I think I've fixed everything I find something else wrong). But I would like to have it functional. Anyone have any experience in replacing these trigger springs? I just cannot figure out how to get it back in place properly. Any help is appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    54149 times
    Gun Parts Corp. has a schematic that might help. www.cunpartscorp.com
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    That was my first stop, then just googling it. I have the orientation correct by the schematic but I need help with positioning for tension.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10281 times
    Wow i can't be of any help on that one. i have not worked on one since the early 80 and don't have the armorers manual any more Sorry !!
    TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    40706 times
    have you looked on YouTube?

Guy
    Guy

S&WCA #2629 | Ex-Navy Vietnam Vet. / Submariner | NRA Member | S&W Historical Foundation

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I've scoured the internet. Unbelievably, I found a picture on, of all places, eBay. I was able to get the spring oriented correctly last night. Unfortunately, there seems to be some other problem now that I have no clue. The trigger won't engage the sear now. It looks like it needs another of distance/travel to trip the sear. Nothing else appears broken and everything functions fine - except it won't fire! And I called LSG at the recommendation of customer support at S&W to see if they could help. Unfortunately, by their voicemail, they have an unexpected illness so their shop is closed for at least a week. My first thought was that I didn't get the spring right, but there is no other way for it to fit properly. Maybe I can sort it out with more digging, but any input from you good folks is appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    54149 times
    I dug out my collection of gun books, manuals, schematics, etc. & came up w/ nothing. If I recall some S&W shotguns were made by Howa, possibly there's more information researching there.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I appreciate you looking. Thanks. I'll sort it out. It is always something mundane when it is almost functioning properly, isn't it?
    And I appreciate your input on my 19-3 as well. I watched good ole Larry Potterfield fix the timing on an S&W on Youtube. May try to sort it out myself before I send it back to S&W. I do this for fun - isn't fun when someone else fixes it.
    Injunbro likes this.

Links