5403 times

M 21-4 ???

Name:  NEW%$#@@@@ 048.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  1.07 MBName:  NEW%$#@@@@ 058.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  1.63 MBName:  NEW%$#@@@@ 044.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  847.6 KBMy M21-4 is home from from S$W, about 34 day turn around. The cylinder was locked up when it arrived, hammer would move about 5/16 back, checked lock it was off, took side plate off trigger and hand came apart during pull out--have done this several times with no problems, got educated on hand spring, trigger assembly on mim smiths, checked lock and everything else, lubed, assembled---runs perfect, no idea why it was bound up. As you can see in invoice, new barrel, forcing cone work. I use a SDM gold bead front sight, nice shiny pecker mark on the barrel where the installed it, forcing cone looks like it was done with a dull counter sink tool. I am glad they found a barrel for her. I am more than disappointed on the craftsmanship, again.
    Making laps & barrel cone on the lathe now---Hogg

Member #
    Liked
    63301 times
    At least you have the skills and tools to finish it off. Just unfortunate you have to. But at least got it back with barrel as you said.
    hogg, msharley and Oldgungeezer like this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    9592 times
    When I bought my 06 Dodge pickup the power mirrors became basically non-powered by 6k miles. It was under warranty still,but I had to bring it to them to replace the mirrors,as they would not allow me to do the work. After seeing how many door panels/weather seals were destroyed by "trained" factory technicians in the course of a 45 year professional career of being a mechanic, I decided to live with my manual electric mirrors,rather than have my doors butchered by their "technicians". As much as I want to have faith in the S&W warranty program,stories like this make me pray I never have an issue with my guns I can't fix myself.

Hogg..is you 21-4 frame case colored? Love to see some photos.
    Last edited by Breakaway500; 07-16-2017 at 06:52 AM.
    hogg and Oldgungeezer like this.
    Ignorance is bliss

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6027 times
    Craftsmanship? What craftsmanship? Looks like "Bubba" got a new job fixin'? things.
    Oldgungeezer likes this.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    5403 times
    Yes sir it is--HoggName:  NEW POST######21 001.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  1.95 MBName:  NEW POST######21 002.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  2.01 MB

Member #
    Liked
    9592 times
    That looks SO good..and the stags..perfect! I really really LOVE the case colored Turnbull done frames and think they are the most handsome finish ever placed on a S&W revolver. Every single one of them is different...yet related. That is one of the best things about case coloring. Yours is a real beauty!!
    Last edited by Breakaway500; 07-16-2017 at 08:25 AM.
    Ignorance is bliss

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    5403 times
    There is so much I could say here about S&W repair center but the truth is for the most part, with a few exceptions they are just gun techs. Just because I can take one apart and do a certain amount of work doesn't make me a gun smith and that's what is going on there. I could bitch an raise hell about it and rightly so, but at the end of the day its still what it is----Hogg
    Oldgungeezer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    13861 times
    Glad ya got yer 21 back & YOU got it working again! Jeesh S&W's workmanship is NON existant. The forcing cone looks better? at least ya got a gold bead front sight? they charge ya much? Oops me bad!

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    5403 times
    Yep Dave,they just took my SDM sight off the old barrel and hammered it on the new barrel, used a who knows what and drove the pin in and just think, I got all this work for free Hell Maggie even snickered-----Hogg

Member #
    Liked
    4846 times
    My 21-4 is the most aggrivating Smith I own( not accurate with anything).......I feel like throwing it down range and leaving it there......However my 22-4 is a sweet heart!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links