Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Donation and Top Ad Display

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    131 times

Donation and Top Ad Display

Is there a donation level that takes away the ad that displays at the top? I don't mind them on the side but that one at the top is driving me nuts. What happens is when I go into a forum and click on where I want to go, the delayed display of the top ad pushes my page down and I end up clicking on something I didn't want to. I have to pause until the page is done getting pushed down by the top ad and though it's a short wait, by habit I'm already clicking and it gets aggravating at times. If I could just get rid of that ad, it would make it so much nicer. If there isn't a way, oh well, I just thought I'd ask. Thanks

Mike

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    37393 times
    We just installed an ad block extension for the browser and that will take away the ads.
    Everything that happens is either endurable or not. If it’s endurable, then endure it. Stop complaining. If it’s unendurable . . . then stop complaining. Your destruction will mean its end as well.

Member #
    Liked
    605 times
    Yep - get an ad blocker. Most of them are FREE, and a lot are browser extension ad-ons.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16587 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyZXZ View Post
    We just installed an ad block extension for the browser and that will take away the ads.
    +1. I use Ad Block Plus. and have for years on a few laptops. It even eliminated the ads when I was a regular no pay member.. According to my counter, there were 11 ads on this page alone. I see none.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Thanks Wendy and everyone else for the suggestions. I'll look for one, starting with the Ad Block Plus. I still wouldn't mind having a membership level that has reduced or no ads displayed. I don't mind paying something extra since I know they are what helps pay for this site.

Mike

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    Premium memberships reduce the number of ads you see. Further, ensure you are always logged in when coming to the site as you will see more if you are logged out.

- JB
    admin

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    JB, I have looked and looked and can not find a page for donating to the site. I must have found it once since I'm a supporting member but I've looked behind all the tabs and nothing. I've always supported forums that I find useful, interesting or that I keep coming back to on a regular basis, so if you can point out what is probably an obvious link that I'm over looking, I'll be glad to follow it.

Mike

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21731 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike97124 View Post
    JB, I have looked and looked and can not find a page for donating to the site. I must have found it once since I'm a supporting member but I've looked behind all the tabs and nothing. I've always supported forums that I find useful, interesting or that I keep coming back to on a regular basis, so if you can point out what is probably an obvious link that I'm over looking, I'll be glad to follow it.

Mike

At the very top of the page on the right hand side you will see a tab titled settings; click on that. Then on the left hand side go down to a tab titled "paid subscriptions".

Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less

Robert E. Lee

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Quote Originally Posted by K22 View Post
    At the very top of the page on the right hand side you will see a tab titled settings; click on that. Then on the left hand side go down to a tab titled "paid subscriptions".

Thanks, K22. I had looked there but it didn't jump out at me. I had already subscribed back in August and though it wouldn't help with the ads, I went ahead and subscribed again since I've already gotten my monies worth on the forum already. Thanks for the help.

Mike

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    K22 beat me to it. Let us know if you have any other issues.

- Jb
    admin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links