At the other end of the price spectrum...(Don't Look Bro!!) :)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: At the other end of the price spectrum...(Don't Look Bro!!) :)

Member #
    Liked
    8628 times

At the other end of the price spectrum...(Don't Look Bro!!) :)

Since I was going to the range this morning anyway, I tossed a 1994 Taurus 66 that had been gathering dust into my range bag. This is one of the "old" guns, blue with wood grips. A dead ringer externally for a Model 19. After I got through with the Python and 357 ammo, I pulled out the Taurus that I'd never fired and fired about 50 rounds of my 38 reloads through it. Good shooting gun. Nothing really special, just a decent, sold shooting revolver.

Name:  Taurus66.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  1.40 MB

Name:  Taurus66a.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  1.51 MB

I love the grips on these guns.
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Member #
    Liked
    60195 times
    You do this just to drive me crazy don't you? don't ask me to fix it when (not if) it breaks. Make a good fishing weight....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    8628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Injunbro View Post
    You do this just to drive me crazy don't you? don't ask me to fix it when (not if) it breaks. Make a good fishing weight....
    Who? ME?
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4739 times
    I guess as long as it shoots it should be fine. Wouldn’t trust my life to it though.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

Member #
    Liked
    2016 times
    Nice looking gun! The top strap looks pretty beefy. I have never owned a Taurus but a friend had the 44 mag tracker and loved it. I shot it a few times and it was a pretty soft shooter but it had the ribbed grips on it.

Is the frame more K or more L frame?
    Oldgungeezer and Curt360 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    60195 times
    Sell it while it still functions & has a dab of value.

Member #
    Liked
    2016 times
    Wow ... are the Taurus models really that crummy?
    Oldgungeezer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    60195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boriqua View Post
    Wow ... are the Taurus models really that crummy?

A few folks have older Taurus that seem to keep functioning, newer ones seem to break regularly. I've had 3, 2 revolvers & an auto, all 3 jammed up regularly. Parts are not available, period. The lifetime warranty is worthless, they come back in horrible shape. I want guns & vehicles I can depend on since my life & those I love may is important. I will never own or work on another POS Taurus.

Member #
    Liked
    5086 times
    My 82 (made i 2017 I believe) has never given me any problems. The 85 as I've mentioned before broke first day at range. And Taurus took nearly 3 months to replace everything with "trigger' in it (trigger, trigger spring, trigger guard, etc). Seems to function now. They no longer make either.
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    "I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
    -- George Mason, co-author of the 2nd Amendment

"Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    590 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Injunbro View Post
    A few folks have older Taurus that seem to keep functioning, newer ones seem to break regularly. I've had 3, 2 revolvers & an auto, all 3 jammed up regularly. Parts are not available, period. The lifetime warranty is worthless, they come back in horrible shape. I want guns & vehicles I can depend on since my life & those I love may is important. I will never own or work on another POS Taurus.
    I sold the mid 70s Taurus Model 84 revolver that worked fine that caused me to buy 5 Taurus in the last 5 hears. I have 2 revolvers and 3 semi-automatics that don't jam, are reliable and go bang every time I pull the trigger. The early ones were reliable and those made in the last few years are reliable. The last 2 I bought last year (Spectrum and 856) work well and have a very good fit and finish. Based on the gun basher's statements, I was going to buy them until I got a bad one but I gave up on getting a bad one.
    bruce and Oldgungeezer like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links