I don't know what to do about this Python...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: I don't know what to do about this Python...

Member #
    Liked
    8606 times

I don't know what to do about this Python...

I can't get it to malfunction. Obviously there is something wrong with it since "everyone" knows they're junk. That's all I read on several forums. It's all over U-tube. The "new" Python is a dud.

I did another 84 rounds through mine this afternoon, with no malfunctions. I'm beginning to wonder what I'm doing wrong. That brings me up to 234 rounds, all 357 magnum. Not a real torture test by any means, but I'm an old man with a bad back. I can't shoot but so long.

Seriously, it's actually a lot of fun to shoot. I've never been one to shoot a lot of 357 ammo. As a matter of fact, I might have fired more 357 ammo out of this gun than all my other 357's combined. That BOOM and the muzzle flash is pretty neat. Now mind you, they're not ground shaking 357's or anything, but they're hotter than the usual 38's I'm used to shooting.

I'm going to have to get busy this weekend and load some more.
    Injunbro, Boriqua, Bob K and 14 others like this.
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Member #
    Liked
    7250 times
    Don't you read the blogs? They're junk. If you can't get it to fail, you clearly don't know what you're doing. You need to send it to me right away- I'll get it back to you (eventually).
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." -A.E. van Vogt

" It is simply not possible to believe fossil fuel emissions will destroy the world and, at the same time, oppose nuclear power. "- Dennis Prager

Member #
    Liked
    60001 times
    Great, just great! Just when I thought I was over Pythonitus & sold all of mine now a trusted member shows up w/ nice new one! I hope they don't offer a 3" one...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1939 times
    LOL .. Good to see you are enjoying your new Toy!!!!

I read they may be full of mime parts too!!

or was that mim .. I never get that right!!

Member #
    Liked
    14596 times
    All the gun test videos, done by self-proclaimed "experts", are basically stupid, biased, opinions. (Everybody has one. But, some are just crap!) I started to watch one, a little while ago, where this 'expert' was comparing 9mm. to .357 Mag. for self defense. Shooting my new Ruger 9mm. is a 'pussycat' and doesn't even compare well with .38 Spl +P 125 gr. that I shoot the most......which is a pretty strong load. The recoil, and sound is much greater! I'm not talking ballistics.....which probably are pretty close.

While I carry the little Ruger lc9s 9mm. out on the street, out in the woods, I carry a K frame .38 Spl. +P revolver with heavy 158 gr SWC's. It may never make a difference what I carry, because I've never had to use a gun anyway. I just feel like I'm making the right choice. Anybody feel the same way......or am I just an idiot???? Bob
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    8606 times
    Naw Bob. I’d say you’re pretty much spot on.
    Injunbro, jeepnut and msharley like this.
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    OK CajunBass,

Give it the ultimate test this weekend. Place it in a drawer,
    don't touch it, look at it or in any way give any particular
    thought.

On Monday , I guarantee, it will be out time.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26821 times
    My python (early 1970's model was a great pistol, as long as you were just looking at it. It spent more time in the gunsmith's shop than in my holster.
    It wouldn't stay timed properly. I eventually sold it, but I always knew there was hope for it somewhere out there in lala land.

My brother had the big brother in 44 mag. I think it was the anaconda model, and it was simply perfection. It shot more accurately than I could ever shoot, and it never ever malfunctioned.

I've always loved the snake series guns, and still wish I had more in mt collection
    jeepnut, CajunBass and msharley like this.
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

Member #
    Liked
    4666 times
    I had one that I shot in the distinguished match PPC years ago and it never gave me any trouble. I bought these two after that and they have never been fired.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

Member #
    Liked
    68917 times
    I think you have a good example of the new Python. I know some videos showed flaws and feel alot of the internet comments may not be actually experienced but more echos. Sure there are some issues out there but all new gun ventures have the same issues during startup. Glad yours is a good one. Just enjoy it.
    Boriqua, CajunBass and msharley like this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links