I don't know what to do about this Python...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: I don't know what to do about this Python...

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    41452 times
    Sounds like you did get a winner!
    CajunBass and msharley like this.
    Cum Deo et victricibus armis

Member #
    Liked
    34214 times
    Hey CB! Since you only paid MSRP instead of $2000 like some people out there, you got the cheaper version. It didn't come with any factory pre-installed defects . . . . . as I suspect most of them are. Pretty sure though that you are guaranteed a malfunction or defect within the first 500,000 magnum rounds

Member #
    Liked
    2944 times
    CajunBass, glad you're enjoying your new Colt Python!

The thing I find so sad is that people are saying terrible things about Colt and seem happy to see them fail. Colt responded in a video from the SHOT Show that over 5000 guns are out there and none have been returned for cylinder turning failure. It seems that 2 of the 5000 were from YouTubers and those failures are a .04% failure rate.

I just saw that the new Glock 44 .22 pistol has thrown its extractor and cracked its polymer slide. That's one gun.

We all know Ruger and S&W have had their runs of recalls and broken guns. Mechanical things fail. Perfection is not a realistic goal. The question isn't why did it fail, it's what did the manufacturer do to stand behind the product?

It seems that Gun Culture 2.0 doesn't like revolvers or Colt very much because Colt doesn't make a polymer frame/striker fired handgun. GC2.0 seems very happy to lambast Colt. Oftentimes people who say negative things about a particular brand say it because they prefer a different brand and are not objective or thoughtful. An example would be the age long Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge kind of thing.

Enjoy your Python and know that if anything ever happens to it, Colt will fix it free of charge.
    msharley and Curt360 like this.
    I view the world the way I see it and I see it over my front sight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    17963 times
    I'm on a waiting list at two gun shops for the new Python. Not worried at all about the bad press.
    msharley likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11319 times
    I would unload that modern contraption ASAP and buy a pinned and recessed model. Everybody knows that they are better.

Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Apparently you got a lemon. It's not breaking like it's supposed to. If you want, you can send it to me postage paid and I'll run some further tests for you.

J/K! Congrats! Sounds like yours is one of the good ones. Hopefully it runs flawlessly for several thousand more rounds.

Member #
    Liked
    8622 times
    For what it's worth, another trip to the range this morning, with another 100 rounds mixed 50/50 between 50 rounds of factory Fiochi, 140 grain 357, and 50 rounds of my 38 reloads with 125 grain Berry's plated bullets. As expected, no problems at all. That bring me up to about 350 rounds with only a "dud" cartridge to call a "problem." Probably over 1000 dry fire cycles.
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Member #
    Liked
    14340 times

Cool Python on the RANGE!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    For what it's worth, another trip to the range this morning, with another 100 rounds mixed 50/50 between 50 rounds of factory Fiochi, 140 grain 357, and 50 rounds of my 38 reloads with 125 grain Berry's plated bullets. As expected, no problems at all. That bring me up to about 350 rounds with only a "dud" cartridge to call a "problem." Probably over 1000 dry fire cycles.
    Hey CB,

How about pics from the range?

Always like them "snazzy" PYTHON posing pics... May just have a Colt's laying about

Something like this, mayhaps?

Later, Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Boriqua, WendyZXZ and Curt360 like this.
    Duty is the sublimest word in the English language. Every man should desire to do his duty, no man should desire to do less. Robert E. Lee

Marlinitis Symptoms: More daily.

Active rescuer of Marlin Rifles, S&W revolvers, 1911's, Mil/Surplus rifles, shotguns.........

Member #
    Liked
    8622 times
    Not much to take a picture of at the range. It's an indoor place, and they all look pretty much the same.
    msharley likes this.
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links