While I am talking myself into committing the unspeakable I did the internals. It got a new hand cut for cylinder free spin while loading. It got a new Super Blackhawk hammer , cuz I like 'em. Modified trigger return spring , stock hammer spring and some polish. While I was at it I removed the Billboard , instruction manual from the side of the barrel.
Cylinder mouths are amazingly uniform and a quick round of firelapping got the barrel free from tight spots. Good to go inside, feels pretty good.
Then I swapped the stainless grip frame for alloy because this sheds a lot of weight . Minor smoothing and round butting plus some Mesquite out of the firewood pile. Flat bottom grips make a better handle for me.
Dang,,,, By now I'm out of excuses . I bust out the hacksaw and lose about 1 1/2 inches. Tidy up the barrel face and cut a crown . File a dovetail for the front sight so it will have a windage adjustable sight.
So at this point it is still Gen.1.
The front sight is in waiting to shoot . It will establish it need to be taller or shorter . Eventually it will get a better looking one . Grip frame may shrink to something smaller and rounder.
Should be a fun belly gun but I doubt it will see any full house loads. It lost a lot of weight and should be nice for packing and plinking.
Probably not for everyone but hey,,,,, I didn't have one like dat.