Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: New! Kimber 4" Target Revolver

Member #
    Liked
    28062 times

New! Kimber 4" Target Revolver

https://www.kimberamerica.com/k6s-da...00014401&jb=18
    Kimber is moving beyond concealed hammer, concealed carry revolver and into DA\SA target gun territory with their new K6 DASA revolver.
    Seems to me they are kind of missing the mark here with a not much bigger than a J frame target gun. The weight listed is 25.5 ounces. For reference, my 2.25 inch Ruger SP101 weighs 26 ounces and I wouldnt want to fire 100 rounds of 158gr magnums out of it in a single range trip. I get that economically it's a lot cheaper to modify what they have vs designing a new frame size, but with an MSRP of $989 I would expect a bit more gun.
    Also for reference, the 4 inch SP101 weighs 29.5 ounces, which is still kind of light for a target gun and a 4 inch M 19 weighs in at 37ounces, and a 6 inch M17 weighs 39.9 ounces. To me, that is where you get into "Target Gun" size and weight. Looks like it would make a great trail of kit type gun where you need a 357 with good sights, but dont want a lot of weight, and you get 6 rounds too.
    What do y'all think about a $1000, 25 ounce target 357? (Probably $850 - 875 real retail price)

Member #
    Liked
    4253 times
    I have two Kimber 45's and love them. The revolvers look nice, but are a little pricey in my opinion. If I had that much money to spend it would be on a S&W. I think they need to be around for a while to prove themselves.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    37151 times
    I've learned to never say "never"......................however, I will say....................unlikely, yep unlikely.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~ Hunter S. Thompson

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    58299 times
    I'm pretty fond of my Kimber Micro 9's & have looked @ & fondled the Kimber revolvers @ guns shows. They seem like a classy version of Ruger Wiley Clapp GP100's ($800) but fit & finished nicer. I haven't bought either & won't unless I get one for a much better price.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    6668 times
    I do like them but again the price has kept me away.
    Curt360 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5339 times
    I don’t see one in my future.
    If you can't be who you are, then you don't exist.

Member #
    Liked
    28062 times
    In my opinion if it was more of a K\L sized gun it may be worth while. The size is great for trail walking and in your fishing kit, but who wants to do that with a $1000 gun. I think it looks pretty decent at least.

Member #
    Liked
    6541 times
    They can name it whatever they want, it’ll be used for whatever people like, including not at all.

Member #
    Liked
    552 times
    Did they do something to the rifling to make it a "target" gun, individually hand massaged or is it just the fiber and adjustable sight? I like to see new ideas and designs even if they are subtle and I like the looks of the barrel and cylinder. The grip panels look to be altamont and have that squared off rear profile that caused me nothing but pain so I dont think they belong on a "target gun"

In the end there are a fair amount of revolvers from ruger and s&w I would buy for 1000 beans well before the Kimber.
    Last edited by Boriqua; 11-16-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    18647 times
    Bet it has a clunky trigger. I had to totally rework the trigger in my Kinber full size 1911 to make it workable. Stick Kimber triggers suck big time. People in Yonkers New York must weight lift with their trigger fingers...

Wait a minute, people in New York cannot posses handguns... It's a Cumo state.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links