Ok. So Astra revolvers.....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Ok. So Astra revolvers.....

Member #
    Liked
    10029 times
    If you want to shoot .410 in a handgun I recommend you get one of the single shots with a wad-lock. The Judge opens up too fast. it is not a target gun in .45 either. The Ruger DA .45 ACP/Colt is interesting but very heavy since it is a .44 Mag. platform. Anytime you depart from the original design parameters something suffers.

Member #
    Liked
    56397 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Akmiah View Post
    On any 357\38... Assuming you could chamber a 9mm with moon clips etc, would there be an issue through the chamber, to the throat, out of the barrel? Accuracy being what it may be rambling about possibly.... Is there any reason to not do this? The 9mm revolvers have a lot of unrifled chamber to transgress, no? I suppose a look up to external dimensions of the two calibers is in order. But any gun that can shoot 9mm and a more useful cartridge seems like a winner...

A 9mm won't chamber in a .357. The bullets are a couple thousandths narrower & will work in a .357 barrel but a 9mm case is wider @ the base tapered down to .355. There have been a few attempts to make revolvers that will chamber both rounds (I built one once) but are marginally successful @ best. A .357 will chamber & fire lighter rounds like .38 short Colt, .38 Long Colt, .38 special as well as .357 mag if you're looking for versatility.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    I've been interest in the 410\45lc just using for reference. Yeah I see you point in the tapered 9mm casing. What was the revolver that shot something like 9 different loadings in 357?

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1672 times
    I've been interest in the 410\45lc just using for reference. Yeah I see you point in the tapered 9mm casing. What was the revolver that shot something like 9 different loadings in 357?
    The Medusa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkUJ2EuTNE0
    Injunbro likes this.
    Kenny

Member #
    Liked
    56397 times
    Yep, Medusa, Ruger made a single-action w/ interchangeable cylinders; I made one out of a single action Cimarron that will shoot .38 short Colt, .38 long Colt, .38 S&W. .38 special, .357 magnum & 9mm out of the same cylinder... not a practical idea but a fun project.
    KZero likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    That's really cool though. Quite a jump from a 9mm to 38 s&w no?

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    My first two astras.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    bruce, KZero, charles and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Three characters.
    bruce, KZero and Cliff like this.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    And my little love. I had revolvers before this one but this one made a wheel gun guy of me.
    bruce, KZero and Cliff like this.

Member #
    Liked
    56397 times
    That's really cool though. Quite a jump from a 9mm to 38 s&w no?

Only in powder charge, dimensionally they're the same except for the rim. A .38 S&W could have the same ballistics as a 9mm if loaded the same... but the older guns would blow up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links