• 6 Post By jonesy814
  • 1 Post By jonesy814
  • 1 Post By jeepnut

Thread: First of the New Year

Member #
    Liked
    31706 times

First of the New Year

I loaded 150 rounds of 357 yesterday. My first time at the bench this year. The holidays were very busy and I haven’t loaded since November 19.
    These are a 130g Hi Tek coated bullet loaded with 7.6gr of Unique.
    Name:  5CB6493F-0501-4649-9C46-A44959C598A3.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  400.3 KB

Member #
    Liked
    8381 times
    Those look good. I haven't tried the coated bullets yet.
    Today I cleaned a couple of hundred rounds of mixed .38 and 10mm. I also boxed up my 12ga reloader and associated accessories. I burned about 40 empty shell boxes and I have no idea what I'll do with a few hundred empty AA hulls. I just don't hunt much at all anymore since I don't have a dog and I gave up shooting trap and skeet years ago.
    Boo hoo. Right?

Member #
    Liked
    31706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Those look good. I haven't tried the coated bullets yet.
    Today I cleaned a couple of hundred rounds of mixed .38 and 10mm. I also boxed up my 12ga reloader and associated accessories. I burned about 40 empty shell boxes and I have no idea what I'll do with a few hundred empty AA hulls. I just don't hunt much at all anymore since I don't have a dog and I gave up shooting trap and skeet years ago.
    Boo hoo. Right?
    I like the coated bullets and get them from summers Enterprises. I used to load a lot of plated. These cost about 25% less. I've gone through around 1500 of these 130gr bullet and nearly 1000 of the 158gr bullets. I have also tired and liked the coated 200gr SWC and 230gr RN for my 625. I recently got some 9mm, 145gr to try out
    jeepnut likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    66526 times
    I tried some coated Wadcutters and were excellent. My friend and I did coat some as using the same process on Aluminum wheel painting (assume they are using same powder coating technique). We actually got some up to over 2700 FPS in rifle and no leading or adverse effects. Lot cheaper then jacketed and very accurate. Congratulations on reloading your first of the year Jonesy.
    jonesy814 likes this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Links