• 2 Post By Charlie686
  • 4 Post By Sut

Thread: Sellers on E-Bay

Member #
    Liked
    372 times

Sellers on E-Bay

Hi, folks:
    Is it just me, or are the sellers on E-Bay getting less dependable? Two times this last week I bought sets of Altamont grips from two different vendors selling on E-Bay. I heard that people were having fit, and finish issues with Altamont grips, so, I contacted both vendors prior to buying grips from those vendors, and was assured that the grips in question fit perfect, and that they had sold hundreds of them with no problems. Well, upon receiving both sets of grips, I found that there was a gap of around 1/8" x 5/16"on one set at the base of the round butt, and a gap of 3/16" x 5/16" at the same place on the other set. Both vendors' reply to my complaint of a bad fit, along with my pictures of the poor fit was, "Send them back if not satisfied, you pay the postage". One vendor commented we don't build them we just sell them. I won't go into the details, as the story is too long already, but what has happened to peoples business scruples? Am I expecting too much from vendors? Should one consider not buying on the internet? Thanks for sharing my rant.
    Sut

Member #
    Liked
    26302 times
    Between eBay fees and PayPal fees the margin on eBay sales is a lot slimmer than it used to be. Not much incentive to do the right thing when making very little profit

Member #
    Liked
    6473 times
    By them from someone local! The good deal you might get on the internet may not be that good and end up costing you more money.
    Oldgungeezer and jeepnut like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    60473 times
    I feel Ebay has also a lot of fakes. May be good but will be issues. I try to buy from known sources. May pay a little more but hopefully better quality.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    6577 times
    I do a very small bit of selling on ebay ( antiques and such) and am very cautious about who buys from me. I have had several buyers back out after winning the final bid. Ebay expects a seller to ship even before payment is reced. or verified. I won't ship until I'm darned sure the money is good and I do not under any circumstances ship internationally.
    gearchecker and Mac23 like this.
    Charlie686

" All that is required for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing"

"If You Can't Move Mountains, Sweep Pebbles...Do Something For Jesus Today!"

"Don't look within searching for truth...You are confused already"

NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    372 times
    Thanks All:
    My outlook on our whole society has been formed by a living fossil of 85 yrs. This outlook is of Businesses, individual buyers, sellers, politicians, teachers, and civil servants. I came from an era when a handshake, or one's word meant something, and most times actually completed a contract. I watched my father buy his first home, and property, with no written contract, with a handshake, and made the payments monthly, until fully paid. Now I find myself dealing with people that base honesty on the amount of profit to be made on a sale. That to me is a sad state if affairs. The advice to buy things from someone local would be great, but my closest local community is the biggest small town in the USA, Columbus, Ohio. If you want an item, shooting related, you can be sure that the local gun store does not stock it, but will order it for you at a premium price, if you are willing to wait until he has a large enough order to send to his supplier. As to buying from known sources, that is what I thought I was doing. E-Bay will take care of a fraudulent sale, but, we all know who , in the end pays for that in increased fees. To make it worse the same fraudulent seller is still on E-Bay selling his wares as usual. I guess to sum it all up, I'm pretty much disappointed in today's standards, by comparing them to yesteryears; standards. Thanks for listening to my rant.
    Sut

Links