"If I pull the gun I don’t pull it to scare ’em.” - Don Hunter. <---- BIG MISTAKE?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: "If I pull the gun I don’t pull it to scare ’em.” - Don Hunter. <---- BIG MISTAKE?

Member #
    Liked
    283 times

"If I pull the gun I don’t pull it to scare ’em.” - Don Hunter. <---- BIG MISTAKE?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Message to terrorists everywhere: You can run, but you can't hide." - Ronald Reagan

"The government's first duty is to protect it's people, not run their lives." - Ronald Reagan

NRA Certified Instructor

Member #
    Liked
    1780 times
    Good post!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22367 times
    Good review.

Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less

Robert E. Lee

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    44523 times
    Laws vary by state. Know what your state's laws say. I'd say OK and TX would have far different attitudes towards that statement than CA or WA. Still, the advice I've been given here in TX is to say "I shot to stop the assault" - that removes any innuendo of intent to kill.

"I'll shoot at them until they stop" works - if they die, or run off, they've stopped.
    1av8r, Injunbro, jeepnut and 1 others like this.
    No God, No Good.... Know God, Know Good....

Any government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have.--- Thomas Jefferson

911 Response time: 600+ seconds. 1911 response time: 800+ feet per second.

US Navy, Vietnam Vet, NRA Life Member, GOA Life Member, Hook'em Horns!

Member #
    Liked
    14650 times
    I always figured that........ if I pull a gun........I intend to kill sumthin'! Bob
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    14083 times
    When I wore a badge and carried a gun (a very long time ago), I was taught to draw if I intended to shoot and shoot center of exposed mass. To kill was implied (perhaps), but never expressed. If pressed for a statement, I wouldn't say anymore than something about stopping the threat.

More recent jury experience has shown me that there are prosecutors out there who leave morality and justice behind in their attempts to make a political statement and to advance their careers. I do not intend to ever give them a case at my expense. Never volunteer information or opinions to the media or authorities without the advice of a qualified attorney. JMHO
    Mac23, Iggy, Slimchance and 11 others like this.
    ~Jerry | Buckeye Firearms | ORPA
    Life Member DAV | NRA Distinguished | RWVA

Member #
    Between Elephant Breath MT. and Squaw's Ankle N.M.
    Liked
    20970 times
    Why Carry a Gun?

My old Grandpa said to me, 'Son, there comes a time in
    every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whoopin'.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect themselves because police do not protect you from crime; they just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin'!

I won't draw until I fear for my life or that of a loved one. At that point, there won't be any discussion. The first thing the BG is gonna hear is the firing pin hitting the primer.

BTDT!!
    Last edited by Iggy; 09-27-2015 at 03:38 PM.
    The more I'm around people, the more I like sheep, and I hate sheep.

Member #
    Liked
    10322 times
    ^^^^^ 'nuff said^^^^^
    Sportymonk likes this.

COME TAKE IT.
    To friends , I'm "Thud". Proud Supporter of Buckeye Firearms Assn.

Member #
    Liked
    60078 times
    I think the only mistake Don Hunter made was in wording & Iggy's post is spot-on. Pulling a gun to intimidate is stupid & illegal, either pull it & use it or don't pull it... waving one around hoping it will somehow scare a bad guy into being good instead of seeing something valuable he can steal is moronic.
    Cliff, bearcat6, Leo918 and 7 others like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    14650 times
    The only time not to shoot, is if........the guy begins running away. Shooting someone in the back....is not good. Bob
    Injunbro likes this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links