Covid-19.... Just the Facts, Mam.... Just the Facts...
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Covid-19.... Just the Facts, Mam.... Just the Facts...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27660 times

Good article over at American Greatness:

https://amgreatness.com/2020/03/21/c...the-house-cat/

Basically, from the article:

With every passing day, however, the evidence suggests that we will wind up on the lower end of that spectrum. “A population-wide case fatality rate of 0.05%,” he points out, “is lower than seasonal influenza.” The kicker:

If that is the true rate, locking down the world with potentially tremendous social and financial consequences may be totally irrational. It’s like an elephant being attacked by a house cat. Frustrated and trying to avoid the cat, the elephant accidentally jumps off a cliff and dies.
    DrDoctor, msharley, Cliff and 2 others like this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23177 times
    We have to survive the panic before we fix anything. 90% of the people tested to date have tested negative for the virus.
    Mister Dave, msharley and Cliff like this.

Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less

Robert E. Lee

Member #
    Liked
    44778 times
    Quote Originally Posted by K22 View Post
    We have to survive the panic before we fix anything. 90% of the people tested to date have tested negative for the virus.
    That's 90% of the people with symptoms that were tested... The flu season itself is really bad this year - I've had it TWICE and I got the (worthless) shot, too.

This is so new, no one yet fully knows the progression it'll make. Meantime they've turned off the light switches for most of the world.

Still, if you also want to shut down the flu season, then shutting off interpersonal contact will do that, too.
    No God, No Good.... Know God, Know Good....

Any government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have.--- Thomas Jefferson

911 Response time: 600+ seconds. 1911 response time: 800+ feet per second.

US Navy, Vietnam Vet, NRA Life Member, GOA Life Member, Hook'em Horns!

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    785 times
    My ID doc friends insist that this is much ado over nothing. They’ve done extensive research on this, and they’re convinced that the fatality rate will be much less than 1%. As I’ve mentioned before – statistically insignificant. I also inquired if the negative test results were of patients exhibiting symptoms, and they said it wasn’t – it was from patients tested, and at this time, there’s no data on how many tested patients did and didn’t exhibited symptoms, and that criteria probably isn’t even being tracked, so we’ll most likely never know.
    msharley, mrerick and combat like this.

Member #
    Liked
    17729 times
    the COVID-19 virus, also know as the Chinese flu, which to date has killed—are you ready—276 people in the United States, almost all of them over 80, almost all with serious co-morbidities.

Two-hundred-and-seventy-six people! And yes, that frightening number will rise. It will be 400, 500 before you know it. Maybe when all is said and done, we’ll see 1,000-1,200 identified who have died from complications that can be traced to this respiratory illness.

-----

The above is from the OP's link and dated 3/21. It is now the evening of 3/24. The number of corona deaths is near 800. Just a couple hundred more deaths and this corona outbreak will be done?
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-25-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    17729 times
    Unfortunately, it didn't take till day after tomorrow or even tomorrow to breach the thousand mark for corona deaths. It's 11pm and already the death toll is 1027, with 247 additional deaths just today. If this trajectory keeps on... not good. Hopefully the lockdown will put the brakes on this soon.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-25-2020 at 10:33 PM.
    msharley likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times

Why social distancing is so important. In this study, 50% of the virus carriers showed zip, zero, nada symptoms of the virus.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/fea...ow-no-symptoms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    17729 times
    Why is social distancing important now?

According to American Greatness, the corona outbreak is "all said and done" at 1,000-1,200 deaths. It's over.

Member #
    Liked
    788 times
    I keep flipping back & forth on "Is this a real threat to me & the family?" to "This is no worse than the normal everyday Flu and is all a media driven event."

I think I'll settle to the right of center between the two. It's a real virus and people are dying, for sure. But then again, I am so distrustful of the MSM, I can't help but think it's an extreme exaggeration of a real virus, intentionally blown out of proportion for the purpose of derailing Trump's bragging rights on "The best economic boom this country's ever seen."

It is an election year, the Dems are desperate, and they would willingly destroy this country to get at Trump. That they have already proven. So I pray. I pray for leadership that will pull us out of this mess, and make us stronger as a result of having gone through it.

Facts can be distorted. Lies can be told. The truth can be hidden from view. Prayer works.
    Fandango1949 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10656 times
    ^Then why have the President and the Congressional Republicans been so successfully deceived?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links