Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27439 times

Let's call it what it is...

"Corona Derangement Syndrome" "CDS".

It would seem that the same people susceptible to CDS were also susceptible to Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    3211 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrerick View Post

"Corona Derangement Syndrome" "CDS".

It would seem that the same people susceptible to CDS were also susceptible to Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS.
    Not exactly. CDS is even more widespread. In addition to all the TDS sufferers CDS is also infecting a good number of otherwise rational older people who are Trump supporters, but who are being terrorized by the media hype about Coronavirus because they are part of the demographic most likely to die from it.
    Last edited by BC38; 03-13-2020 at 11:05 PM.
    mrerick, powrguy and NWDave like this.
    Always looking for a deal on more reloading components & ammo. I once tried to see things from the liberal perspective - but I discovered I'm not flexible enough to get my head up my ...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I’m a proud Trump supporter and in the at risk category. Due to age and physical ailments. But I’m not falling for the hysteria and hype. I’ll continue to live mu life normally and take my chances. Yes I’m instituting the hygiene recommendations but my second career doesn’t allow me to avoid crowds. No way am I going full CDS.
    mrerick and powrguy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1796 times
    Yeah, folks, this is a VIRUS. It's not going anywhere, so you're going to get the bug anyway, eventually.

Now MAYBE, if those poltroons in the TSA had stopped it in CHINA, like they should have, and never let it in the USA, it might have been delayed a few years.
    But just learn to live with it, since the TSA let the cow out of the barn...

Member #
    Liked
    9198 times
    If I weren't pissed off about certain people terrorizing others on the forums, I'd find there spastic Terror to be pretty entertaining
    Mister Dave and NWDave like this.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." -A.E. van Vogt

" It is simply not possible to believe fossil fuel emissions will destroy the world and, at the same time, oppose nuclear power. "- Dennis Prager

Member #
    Liked
    649 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BC38 View Post
    In addition to all the TDS sufferers CDS is also infecting otherwise rational older people who are Trump supporters, but who are being terrorized by the media hype about Coronavirus because they are part of the demographic most likely to die from it.
    If they're being "terrorized by the media hype," if they can't see its real purpose (a new way to bash Trump, since "Russia, Russia, Russia" is about worn out), they're NOT rational. I'm 76, but don't need Arriept yet.

Member #
    Liked
    8055 times
    I heard a reasonable discussion on the radio today. By stopping large gatherings of people, the spread of the virus is greatly slowed down, allowing our limited resources to treat fewer patients, instead of having a spike of patients overwhelming the medical industry. It made sense.
    You can't stop us on the road to freedom
    You can't keep us, 'cause our eyes can see
    Men with insight, men in granite
    Knights in armor bent on chivalry

Member #
    Liked
    3211 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG View Post
    I heard a reasonable discussion on the radio today. By stopping large gatherings of people, the spread of the virus is greatly slowed down, allowing our limited resources to treat fewer patients, instead of having a spike of patients overwhelming the medical industry. It made sense.
    That seems like a reasonable argument. Except for how some in power are taking advantage of it.
    Our Governor has now declared an emergency and assumed the emergency powers that affords him.
    He has outlawed all gatherings of more than 250 people - including churches and religious services.
    He has further closed all schools in the state for the next SIX WEEKS.
    Lastly he has now mobilized the National Guard.
    What's next Martial Law and gun confiscation like Katrina?
    Last edited by BC38; 03-14-2020 at 12:19 AM.
    Always looking for a deal on more reloading components & ammo. I once tried to see things from the liberal perspective - but I discovered I'm not flexible enough to get my head up my ...

Member #
    Liked
    637 times
    And, I heard on the radio earlier today that the Chinese gov’t is now blaming the US Army for bringing it to China in the first place, and are demanding that the US gov’t admit that they (US gov’t) caused this. Yeah, right . . . Good luck with that.

Member #
    Liked
    8055 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BC38 View Post
    That seems like a reasonable argument. Except for how some in power are taking advantage of it.
    Our Governor has now declared and emergency and assumed the emergency powers that affords him.
    He has outlawed all gatherings of more than 250 people - including churches and religious services.
    He has further closed all schools in the state for the next SIX WEEKS.
    Lastly he has now mobilized the National Guard.
    What's next Martial Law and gun confiscation like Katrina?
    Same here in Florida, but our Governor is ok.
    You can't stop us on the road to freedom
    You can't keep us, 'cause our eyes can see
    Men with insight, men in granite
    Knights in armor bent on chivalry

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links