Just think of what could be done with all this campaign money?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Just think of what could be done with all this campaign money?

Member #
    Liked
    5970 times

Exclamation Just think of what could be done with all this campaign money?

https://ballotpedia.org/Presidential_election,_2020

Lets call it $300 million just for the heck of it. I am sure there is "hidden money as well) and this is not current

How many homeless could be fed? How many feet of wall could be built? How many salaries for Border Patrol??

Just crazy!
    jeepnut likes this.
    NRA Certified RSO

Member #
    Liked
    15025 times
    I have no problem with campaign spending. For example, I contribute to the Trump campaign.

Trump's Make America Great Again policies have lifted millions out of poverty which has done far more good than throwing another $300mil at homelessness. The Feds reportedly spend nearly $3 billion yearly on the homeless, along with $1.1b in California and New York's $3 billion... on and on and on. If throwing money at the homeless was a solution there would be no homeless.

Other points... I have also contributed to the We Build The Wall operation that is building the wall. https://webuildthewall.us. I also contribute to my church which helps the needy.

I am also very much against the scheme to disallow private funding of campaigns and only use taxpayer dollars equally among candidates. I consider it an assault on free speech.

So... no. I don't consider my political donations crazy or somehow misplaced for failing to satisfy some bleeding heart notion that the dollars would be better spent on the homeless.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 12-02-2019 at 11:40 PM.
    Abby'sDad, bearcat6 and Injunbro like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5970 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    I have no problem with camping spending. For example, I contribute to the Trump campaign.

Trump's Make America Great Again policies have lifted millions out of poverty which has done far more good than throwing another $300mil at homelessness. The Feds reportedly spend nearly $3 billion yearly on the homeless, along with $1.1b in California and New York's $3 billion... on and on and on. If throwing money at the homeless was a solution there would be no homeless.

Other points... I have also contributed to the We Build The Wall operation that is building the wall. https://webuildthewall.us. I also contribute to my church which helps the needy.

I am also very much against the scheme to disallow private funding of campaigns and only use taxpayer dollars equally among candidates. I consider it an assault on free speech.

So... no. I don't consider my political donations crazy or somehow misplaced for failing to satisfy some bleeding heart notion that the dollars would be better spent on the homeless.
    I am poking at the candidates free stuff

Is it "tax free"

Those with the MOST money WIN.
    NRA Certified RSO

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    15025 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
    I am poking at the candidates free stuff

Is it "tax free"

Those with the MOST money WIN.
    Not sure what the first question is asking but campaign contributions aren't tax deductible.

There's two billionaires in the democrat primaries. One has never polled much above zero. The other just recently got in the race polling at 3%. Plugs is supposedly leading the democrat primaries but doesn't have much money. We'll see. Hillary spent nearly twice as much as Trump.

This is through October.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 11.02.49 AM.png
Views: 21
Size:  65.5 KB
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 12-02-2019 at 11:07 AM.
    Injunbro and jeepnut like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4146 times
    And they get to keep a chunk of leftover money, which is how Bernie and others got rich.
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”
    - Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    18647 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby'sDad View Post
    And they get to keep a chunk of leftover money, which is how Bernie and others got rich.
    Bernie got rich by selling a book of fiction and his wife screwing a University into bankruptcy.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    15025 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby'sDad View Post
    As far as I know the funds can be retained for future campaign expenditures, but it's not their personal money. That said, the lunatic left has offered some pretty crazy notions about campaign spending. Democrats wanted Trump charged with a campaign spending violation because he paid off a hooker with his own money instead of using campaign donations. By that bizarre standard I suppose anything goes.

Member #
    Liked
    18647 times
    As far as I know the funds can be retained for future campaign expenditures, but it's not their personal money. That said, the lunatic left has offered some pretty crazy notions about campaign spending. Democrats wanted Trump charged with a campaign spending violation because he paid off a hooker with his own money instead of using campaign donations. By that bizarre standard I suppose anything goes.
    I wonder what Melina had to say about that?
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    18647 times
    Not sure what the first question is asking but campaign contributions aren't tax deductible.

There's two billionaires in the democrat primaries. One has never polled much above zero. The other just recently got in the race polling at 3%. Plugs is supposedly leading the democrat primaries but doesn't have much money. We'll see. Hillary spent nearly twice as much as Trump.

This is through October.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 11.02.49 AM.png
Views: 21
Size:  65.5 KB
    Don't see Bloomberg on your graph. He is running right?
    Daryl......

Member #
    Liked
    58298 times
    While you're @ it think of all the good that could be done w/ Soros, Bloomberg, Clinton, Sanders & a whole bunch of others money if they were trying to do good instead of screw up the world... The only well-known rich man trying to do good I know of is Trump.
    Rule3 likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links