Handwriting is on the Wall........Writ in Spanish.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Handwriting is on the Wall........Writ in Spanish.

Member #
    Liked
    1459 times

Handwriting is on the Wall........Writ in Spanish.

Watching "Jack Ryan" on Amazon.

An AMERICAN TV Series.

There are big chunks of it when Spanish is spoken and I have to read subtitles. Why?

Because Spanish is on the way to becoming the language of America. This is an abomination.

The Mexicans and all the rest from south of the border intend to take over to get their revenge for all of their imagined past hurts from us.

It looks like they will succeed--with the help of some stupid and self destructive American Liberal traitors.

Oh well.......no good thing goes on forever.

We had a good run.

It is the destiny of civilized nations that get soft to be overrun by barbarians.

History shows it again and again.
    Last edited by Verminator; 11-20-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    "Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know that the feller that... that wrote the writin' was a writin' the writin' right? Here I might be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see?"
    [Festus Haggen]

Member #
    Liked
    1489 times
    I dont watch the show but do watch a lot of movies.

I think you can relax. Its not about the alien horde. I believe directors and writers are just trying to add a layer of authenticity to shows and movies. In many of the newer movies and shows if a character is from Russia, Serbia, Africa or what have you I have seen a trend where those characters speak in what is supposed to be their native tongue and it is subtitled.

I actually prefer it. I watched a couple of episodes of an old TV show last night as we were heading to sleep where the characters were supposed to be from somewhere else .. they just spoke English in these absolutely terrible made up accents that were NOTHING like the accents of the people they were trying to represent. They were going for English with a French accent and it just came off Italian, Greek, Spanish goobledy gook.The accents were so bad I had trouble following along and would have preferred their bits had been subtitled and after a while I just turned on Closed Caption.

If you are looking for the enemy .. you don't have to look under the bed ... the enemy is hiding in plain sight. Its not those evil Guatemalans who decreed that men should be allowed in the girls bathroom, It wasn't the terrible third world Argentinians who decided we cant say the pledge of Allegiance before school starts, It wasn't those Hondurans that said a highschool football team cant pray before a game. I didnt see a lot of Brazilians in the room where Americans are trying to stage a coup of a duly elected President and its not those pesky Chileans trying to take your right to own a gun away.

No .. the people doing that, the ones that are systematically brick by brick tearing down America .. well .. without a picture I cant say for sure .. but I bet they look a lot like you.
    Last edited by Boriqua; 11-19-2019 at 10:41 AM.
    Abby'sDad and aguila9 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3971 times
    I don't watch much non-English anything. I've watched a few Italian mafia dramas in 100% subtitles, but I don't make a habit of it. It's interesting to see how they portray the mafia, for a few shows.

So..... fail. Ratings here: 0 viewers.

Subtitles are tiring.
    Member GOA, NRA & SAF

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    933 times
    Or it could be my wife sneaked into your house and did what she did here, "by accident", uh-huh.
    She somehow pushed a number of buttons on the remote that got her into the audio set-up. She changed the default "English" to "Spanish w/ subtitles". Honest. I know 'cause that's what I had to do to change it back. She still says it wasn't her. LOL!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    aguila9 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    59472 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    It is the destiny of civilized nations that get soft to be overrun by barbarians.

History shows it again and again.

Yep, just like when you barbarians invaded us Injuns... before that women did all the work & men went hunting & fishing. Why would anyone want to screw up a system like that?
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    1459 times
    Yes, the Injuns had a good thing going and the people who invaded were not exactly admirable.

But then......who is?

We're all human and therein lies the problem.

The people who are now downtrodden would do the same to those in the catbird seat if the roles were reversed.

Nobility is scarcer than hen's teeth.
    "Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know that the feller that... that wrote the writin' was a writin' the writin' right? Here I might be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see?"
    [Festus Haggen]

Member #
    Liked
    1459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OneIsNone View Post
    Or it could be my wife sneaked into your house and did what she did here, "by accident", uh-huh.
    She somehow pushed a number of buttons on the remote that got her into the audio set-up. She changed the default "English" to "Spanish w/ subtitles". Honest. I know 'cause that's what I had to do to change it back. She still says it wasn't her. LOL!
    No, that's just the way the shows are made these days.

They are catering to the rapidly growing Hispanic audience and facing the fact that English speakers will soon be in the minority.

Get used to it.
    [Festus Haggen]

Member #
    Liked
    1459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Dave View Post
    I don't watch much non-English anything. I've watched a few Italian mafia dramas in 100% subtitles, but I don't make a habit of it. It's interesting to see how they portray the mafia, for a few shows.

So..... fail. Ratings here: 0 viewers.

Subtitles are tiring.
    Yes they are........and annoying because if you look away for a second you may miss a line or two.

You have to work at staying focused on the little words at the bottom of the screen.

I don't watch t.v. to work--I watch to relax.
    Mister Dave likes this.
    [Festus Haggen]

Member #
    Liked
    6954 times
    In Canada lots of people speak French as well as English. I guess the world ended, but I must have missed it. The English are probably upset that the Irish have been trying to revive Gaelic. Harder to control people when you can't force them to speak your language.

Member #
    Liked
    3971 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Yes they are........and annoying because if you look away for a second you may miss a line or two.

You have to work at staying focused on the little words at the bottom of the screen.

I don't watch t.v. to work--I watch to relax.
    It also takes time away from looking at the actors and reading their emotions. Tiring.....
    Member GOA, NRA & SAF

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links