I worry that Phoenix has been overtaken by PC politics
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: I worry that Phoenix has been overtaken by PC politics

Member #
    Liked
    27775 times

I worry that Phoenix has been overtaken by PC politics

I don't live in Phoenix, but an adjacent city, however for good reason I watch how the city works, especially when it involves the police department. I was initially supportive of this Chief, a black woman who came up through the ranks, but she is now wilting to political, anti-cop pressure from a small vocal minority that has the ear and full support of an uber-liberal mayor. Legitimate appointed oversight committee's recommendations be damned, the Chief is always quick on the trigger to fire officers.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ph...al-media-posts
    jeepnut, Injunbro, NWDave and 3 others like this.
    “So son, explain again exactly why there’s a stripper in your bedroom?"

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    36823 times
    It's not just the City of Phoenix Stacy..............it is becoming common place.
    jeepnut, Injunbro, Bob K and 4 others like this.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7860 times
    When I read things about historically red states starting or possibly starting towards being a purple or blue state... it makes me ask myself out loud "is there any place out west that isn't being infected by ex-pat Californian's, that I can safely flee to as a endangered Californian conservative?"

Texas has me concerned as it's become a top choice for people fleeing CA's cost of living, and they import their politics with them.
    Last edited by gunhacker; 10-23-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    Conrad

NRA Endowment Member
    S&WCA #1830
    S&WHF #222
    Hopeless lifetime S&W Junkie
    Chronic "Marlinitis" sufferer

Political correctness: The doctrine fostered by the delusional liberals or the naïve, which attempts to promote the ideology that a turd is something that can be picked up and safely handled from the clean end.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    14759 times
    A cop-hating operation in Philadelphia called The Plain View Project is identifying cops on FB and making an issue out of anything that can be put in a negative light. That's the origin for this.

That said, I looked at the FB postings by fired detective Dave Swick. A veteran cop has got to know the heat he's going to bring down on his department by posting stuff like the below in public.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 1.20.39 AM.png
Views: 22
Size:  263.0 KB
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 10-23-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    6474 times
    The whole country is changing and not for the better. In 10 years we won't recognize it!
    Curt360, Bob K, jeepnut and 1 others like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23718 times
    We're seeing similar abuse of our system here in a couple of the 100 North Carolina counties. The sheriffs (Democrats) ran on a platform that included not cooperating with ICE. Now we are seeing the crime rate rise in those counties, and some particularly bad crimes happening because the illegal invader criminals are immediately released into the community:

https://www.nbc12.com/2019/09/09/ice...pite-detainer/

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdnc/pr...y-subcommittee

These are but a few examples of how a community's quality of life can be damaged by officials acting without regard to the law in order to influence well established systems with progressive (but very dangerous) policies.

These people, emboldened by their election or appointment, think that they "know better". They pander to a minority that they need support from in order to just push their elections into a percent or two of winning. With that power, they then repay the political machine that supported them.

Their corruption grows with their taste of power. Over time, even the most well meaning patriot ends up succumbing to the temptations of power and greed. I've seen it happen repeatedly.

It's time for conservatives to call out the hypocrisy and start building constituencies to just say no to these venal politicians and agency wonks.

Wny do you have a "uber-liberal" mayor? What promises are that mayor finding impossible to keep? What important things are being left to rot by a mayor who has their attention diverted to bright and shiny things?
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    13809 times
    The whole country is being 'taken over' by the PC Liberals.......and it never change back. Bob
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    A cop-hating operation in Philadelphia called The Plain View Project is identifying cops on FB and making an issue out of anything that can be put in a negative light. That's the origin for this.

That said, I looked at the FB postings by fired detective Dave Swick. A veteran cop has got to know the heat he's going to bring down on his department by posting stuff like the below in public.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 1.20.39 AM.png
Views: 22
Size:  263.0 KB
    So cops surrender their 1st Amendment rights upon accepting a job?

Certainly, we can have expectations for their on-duty speech, but this is no different from liberals shutting down conservative speech across social media. I see the city of Phoenix paying this guy a lot of $$ when this is all done.

And Phoenix, BTW, has been lost to the left for a while.
    Oldgungeezer, NWDave and Injunbro like this.
    "The welfare of the people has always been the alibi of tyrants." Camus

Member #
    Liked
    7767 times
    Re: First Amendment. Please note, the first amendment only applies to political speech. It does provide protection from the consequences of civil speech. For instance, as a citizen of the United States, I can and do affirm my 2nd Amendment rights. I own and enjoy my firearms. I enjoy sharing the comradely of other like minded persons. I understand that if I make statements on social media that express my support/advocacy for the 2nd Amendment, it is possible that my employer may take objection to and visit consequences upon me for my support of the 2nd Amendment. With this in mind, I do not write or make statements that are extreme, angry, hateful, racist, etc. I do this fundamentally b/c of my commitment to Christ. I can see how the same need for thoughtful circumspect writing/speaking might be wise for any other professional, whether they be law enforcement officers, business owners, doctors, etc. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.

Member #
    Liked
    57778 times
    Phoenix: the reason we in AZ were inflicted w/ Senator McCain & are now inflicted w/ Senator Sinema. Unfortunately there are way too many instances of corrupt cops now & too many overworked cops due to unfilled positions... & few who would want to fill them. One of the big issues everywhere is comifornicaters who retire to other states where they have no idea how to get along when they get there. This will probably tick off some people but I think everyone should be required to live in the state they worked in. Don't come here after you supported a screwed up mess & expect to be welcome.
    Oldgungeezer and dogrunner like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links