California expands gun seizure laws
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: California expands gun seizure laws

Member #
    Liked
    14472 times

California expands gun seizure laws

This is what happens when Red Flag gun confiscation programs are implemented. It's a gun-grabbers tool designed to expand.

-----------------

California Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom signed 15 gun-related bills into law Friday, tightening the state's already-stringent Second Amendment restrictions.

One of the bills, which expands a so-called "red flag" law to allow co-workers, employers and educators to seek gun violence restraining orders against firearms owners they fear are a danger to themselves and others, was vetoed twice by Newsom's predecessor, Jerry Brown.

Newsom also signed a companion bill allowing the gun violence restraining orders to last one and five years, although the gun owners could petition to end those restrictions earlier. The bill also allows judges to issue search warrants at the same time as they grant the orders. The warrants can be used immediately if the gun owners are served with the relinquishment orders but fail to turn over the firearms or ammunition.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...un-seizure-law
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 10-12-2019 at 05:54 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2437 times
    Pretty soon we're all just going to have to keep our gun ownership and opinions completely secret. Otherwise anybody with an axe to grind against us will be able to put us in a world of hurt with just a phone call.

"I think he's dangerous, and he has guns!"

Next thing you know, SWAT is knocking down your door at 2am and riddling you with bullet holes if you attempt to defend yourself from unknown intruders entering your home in the middle of the night.

"Dangerous gun owner killed by police serving legal ERPO; film at 11..."
    Always looking for a deal on more reloading components & ammo. I once tried to see things from the liberal perspective - but I discovered I'm not flexible enough to get my head up my ...

Member #
    Liked
    17966 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BC38 View Post
    Pretty soon we're all just going to have to keep our gun ownership and opinions completely secret. Otherwise anybody with an axe to grind against us will be able to put us in a world of hurt with just a phone call.

"I think he's dangerous, and he has guns!"

Next thing you know, SWAT is knocking down your door at 2am and riddling you with bullet holes if you attempt to defend yourself from unknown intruders entering your home in the middle of the night.

"Dangerous gun owner killed by police serving legal ERPO; film at 11..."
    Why I refrained from posting pictures of what I have on this site a while ago or any other sire for that matter. We are slowly but surely coming to a time when ownership of any firearms is going to be a private matter and not for general knowledge.

Newsome is headed for a recall anyway. He's certifiably nuts. But then he did get elected...

On another note, I see PG&E is cutting power to Kalifornians because of the high winds and possible fires from shorting wires, so the citizens are screaming bloody murder.....

I knew when the Kalifornia legislature made in legal for a public entity (PG&E) to be sued for damages arising from it's grid in windy conditions, I knew what the company would do and they did it. Called 'self preservation' Guess people in the "Sunshine State' are pretty ignorant. What did they expect?
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23264 times
    These laws are intended for abuse from the first day they are passed. The objective of "Red Flag" laws is gun confiscation. They already are being abused in Florida:

https://www.smithandwessonforums.com...red-flags.html
    ChattanoogaPhil likes this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    And according to Newsome there is so much more to come...It will never end until they reach their ultimate goal of confiscation.
    ChattanoogaPhil likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    16733 times
    I just don't know how the people in Cali became such a bunch of looney lefties. The lefties run that state and control most if not all the pollical power. Maybe it's all because of the illegals that went to live there.

Member #
    Liked
    5479 times
    California is rapidly approaching collapse. There has even been talk by CA officials of bringing in NATO troops to restore government if the bottom falls out. They are globalists and expect US troops would restore American principles and the US Constitution.
    You can’t make this stuff up, that is how far left CA has gone.
    SidecarFlip, Injunbro and Curt360 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1902 times
    California: Keeping constitutional lawyers employed every day.
    Member GOA, NRA & SAF

Member #
    Liked
    17966 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Okiewind View Post
    California is rapidly approaching collapse. There has even been talk by CA officials of bringing in NATO troops to restore government if the bottom falls out. They are globalists and expect US troops would restore American principles and the US Constitution.
    You can’t make this stuff up, that is how far left CA has gone.
    Newsome suffers from the Democrat derangement syndrome, simply put, he's a loon.

Right now the big crisis is they are burning up. Happens every year. They burn up and then the rains come and all the soil washes down and creates huge mud slides. Great place to live. Not. Stupid taxes, stupid housing prices, human feces on the streets, dopers everywhere... it's a utopia.

My favorite Kalifornia fiasco (besides draconian gun laws) is, the PG&E fiasco that gets little media play, at least not the reson why but the people suffering from their actions (hint, I'd do the same thing).

The California legislature decided that it would allow individuals impacted by wildfires (supposedly set off by sparking of PG&E's electric lines in the Santa Anna winds) to sue them for damages and like any good company, PG&E decided to cut the power to areas impacted by wind conditions to mitigate their liability. Makes good sense to me. Obviously, it don't set well with those in the dark though.

Cannot have it both ways folks and what gives the California legislature the right to allow individuals to sue a public utility for an act of Mother Nature anyway? PG&E cannot control how the wind blows, I don't think at least.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    17966 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddlars1 View Post
    And according to Newsome there is so much more to come...It will never end until they reach their ultimate goal of confiscation.
    I think the Newsome days are numbered.
    Daryl......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links