Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Father Sues Tesla After Teen Son Killed In Fiery Crash

Member #
    Liked
    5748 times

Father Sues Tesla After Teen Son Killed In Fiery Crash

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...riley-lawsuit/

Don't worry about the "link" first one that popped up.

I feel sorry that the teen died, however do you think hitting a wall at over 100 mph had something to do with it? He had been ticketed previously for over 100 mph
    MisterMills357 and WendyZXZ like this.
    NRA Certified RSO

Member #
    Liked
    14471 times
    Reckless driver endangering the public. Father should be apologizing, not suing.
    Injunbro and Bob K like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1901 times
    Father whose son was killed in 116mph horror crash sues Tesla claiming teenager wouldn't have died if company hadn't removed a speed limiter - and claims quick-spreading fire from car battery caused his death NOT the smash

• Barrett Riley's father James filed a lawsuit in Santa Clara County, California Wednesday, claiming Tesla improperly removed a speed limiter device
    • Father claims Tesla knowingly failed to install safety measures to prevent the 2014 Model S from engulfing in flames after it crashed speeding at 116mph
    • Lawsuit says car owner and his wife Jenny had asked for a device to limit speed to 85mph just two months before the accident after the teen had gotten a ticket
    • The device was installed but later removed when it was taken in for service
    • Motor's battery reignited twice after the fire was extinguished and the family claims it the reason Barrett died, not the impact of high speed collision itself
    • Wrongful death and negligence Lawsuit claims Tesla invented a patent to prevent the 'thermal runaway' they were subjected to but failed to implement it
    • Monserrat's parents filed a similar lawsuit in January

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-crash.html
    Member GOA, NRA & SAF

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7704 times
    Tough for the parents. Some how or other these teenagers never learned to consider the consequences of their actions. Now the parents must live with the results. Sincerely. bruce.
    Injunbro and TennSharpshooter like this.

Member #
    Liked
    17966 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
    https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...riley-lawsuit/

Don't worry about the "link" first one that popped up.

I feel sorry that the teen died, however do you think hitting a wall at over 100 mph had something to do with it? He had been ticketed previously for over 100 mph
    I don't. A dork is a dork no matter what age. Probably better he removed himself from the gene pool before he killed someone innocent with his acts of stupidity. Pretty obvious to me that his dad was real poor at parenting. Of course being a poor parent today is socially acceptable.

Why is it that people today are sue happy anyway? I hope the court rules against the plaintiff and the dad gets stuck with paying a mouthpiece.. Waste of the legal system IMO.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    4359 times
    Aah, nothing like privileged, self-centered teens.
    Bob K and Injunbro like this.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." -A.E. van Vogt

" It is simply not possible to believe fossil fuel emissions will destroy the world and, at the same time, oppose nuclear power. "- Dennis Prager

Member #
    Liked
    13596 times
    All of their parents are from the 'ME' generation......does this surprise you????? Bob
    delcrossv and Injunbro like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26322 times
    Either gas or electric vehicles operate using systems that generate heat or power, in the case of gas, both. Both can be reasonably expected to catch fire if catastrophically damaged. Any blame for the accident aside, the power for a electric carries a potential source of terrific combustion. Now they will have to figure out how to prevent such a failure in a pack of hundreds of AA batteries. This and the settlement will be paid for by the new owners of these cars. Welcome to the bigs, Mr.T.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    -Arthur C. Clarke
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
    -Upton Sinclair
    Please do not open and post the links on my threads.
    19and41

Member #
    Liked
    1901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Tough for the parents. Some how or other these teenagers never learned to consider the consequences of their actions. Now the parents must live with the results. Sincerely. bruce.
    Because SOMEONE ELSE RAISED THEIR KID??? SOMEONE ELSE GAVE HIM A CAR, AND LET HIM KEEP IT AFTER HIS FIRST 100MPH+ RECKLESS DRIVING INCIDENT??

Yeah, I really feel sorry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 19and41 View Post
    Either gas or electric vehicles operate using systems that generate heat or power, in the case of gas, both. Both can be reasonably expected to catch fire if catastrophically damaged. Any blame for the accident aside, the power for a electric carries a potential source of terrific combustion. Now they will have to figure out how to prevent such a failure in a pack of hundreds of AA batteries. This and the settlement will be paid for by the new owners of these cars. Welcome to the bigs, Mr.T.
    Thermal runaway is a whole other beast. The assertion that Tesla had developed a method for preventing it is bogus, even if Musk claimed they had one. He's a monumental liar.
    Last edited by Mister Dave; 10-11-2019 at 01:00 PM.
    Member GOA, NRA & SAF

Member #
    Liked
    543 times
    The South Florida SunSentinel reports that James B. Riley sued Wednesday in Santa Clara County, where Tesla is based. Monserrat’s parents filed a similar lawsuit in January. Both blame the car’s lithium-ion battery pack, which exploded when the Tesla hit a concrete wall.
    That is probably true, the batteries probably ruptured and caught fire. Lithium batteries are a fire waiting to happen.

A Tesla statement earlier this year said “no car could have withstood a high-speed crash of this kind.”
    That is true too, if you crash a car at 100 MPH, into a solid object, like a wall or oak tree; you stand a good chance of being killed.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 10-11-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    I watched Hamlet, MacBeth, and A Midnight Summers Dream; and now I am a Shakespeare fan. I set out to fill my mind with classics, one way or the other.
    I read A Tale Of Two Cities, and Huckleberry Finn, and Jane Eyre; and watched Wuthering Heights, and Les Miserales, and The Time Machine. And now I am big fan of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links