My son called today from a California visit, I feel sorry for the local cops!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: My son called today from a California visit, I feel sorry for the local cops!

Member #
    Liked
    27544 times

My son called today from a California visit, I feel sorry for the local cops!

He and his family, along with his in-laws are spending a week in a beautiful beach front setting at a location north of San Diego. He called me today from the beach after a run and some exercise with his little boy along, my only grandson! They ran into some of the local police and my grandson was happy to present them with ‘challenge coins’ my son had with him, which I’ve seen and they are cool, my son designed them for his squad! Anyway, the cops got to talking and the CA officers told my son that their job was miserable and they weren’t really allowed to be cops any longer due to their city and department heads.

For instance, if they were to find someone with even an ounce of Meth, it’s a ‘cite and release’, they aren’t allowed to actually arrest and detain anyone unless it is a serious violent crime, but only then if they have it captured on their ‘body cameras’. Their policy is now that to qualify as an arrest-worthy infraction, unless it’s actually captured on the body cam, the officer’s word is not enough for their department and city to trust, the criminal's version stands above the arresting officer's, so the bad guy is positioned to win…incredible. They of course told my son they are all looking to leave, but it’s not easy and they need secure places to go and, so of course they asked his department’s salary offerings, which are WAY lower than California’s, but you have to consider the lower cost of living in Arizona, it’s significant and would easily equal out.

The issue of hot weather came up, one of the CA cops saying he took his daughter to Arizona for a softball tournament and encountered 119 degrees, YIKES! He asked my boy how they did it in uniform and he told them straight up; “When it’s hot, we just find ways to deal with it.” Which is what all Arizonan’s living in the desert do. So, what I immediately took from this report is that I’m even more certain to not visit California anymore due to literal safety concerns alone. I made the same decision a few years back about traveling to Mexico, but I’m placing California now on my NO TRAVEL list: North Korea, California, Chicago, Mexico, Baltimore, Washington DC and Tucson Arizona…. I never did like Tucson.
    “So son, explain again exactly why there’s a stripper in your bedroom?"

Member #
    Liked
    1858 times
    Chicago is on my no travel list too despite living 30 miles west. I have to pass through a finger of it going to the dentist but it's all tollway.

When we retire this state will probably be in our past. I live in the second largest city and our annual murder rate has been in the single digits for many years, but the taxes just keep going up. It's really getting stupid.

Here's our new governor:

Name:  ct-jb-pritzker-governor-announcement-met-20170-001.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  365.9 KB

And his wife:

Name:  Jennifer%u00252BPritzker.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  133.6 KB

They clearly have a problem saying NO to consumption.
    Member GOA, NRA & SAF

Member #
    Liked
    14444 times
    If arrests can only be made via bodycam evidence of violent crime, have they fired all their investigators? I mean, what good are investigators if no arrests can be made unless it's already on video?

Ring ring:

Hello, department do-nothing. What can I not help you with?

Help! I just found my wife murdered at home!

Do you have a video? If not, there's not much we can do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    57157 times
    Add NYC, Massachusetts & NJ to the NO TRAVEL list.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    11629 times
    Hell its everywhere. My old agency is 164 short in patrol and can't find any body to hire. They have lowered the standards and still no body wants the job. !!
    Injunbro, Sportymonk and jeepnut like this.
    TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Member #
    Liked
    818 times
    @Mister Dave -- I hope those pictures are fakes..........YE GADS, the wife looks more like a fat man than "the governor" does, although both are definitely morbidly obese. They look like Walmart shoppers in fancy clothes.

That wasn't nice, was it. (Sometimes I forget where my "nice" part is.)

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    556 times
    It's strange, isn't it? After a lifetime globetrotting this world I sit here in East Texas and there isn't a darned place outside this country that I want to go to. There are a bunch of places IN this country that I don't want to go to either. We can start with the whole west coast and add in just about anywhere in the north-east. Chicago … I don't think so. No! I think that I'm going to spend my time down south where a country boy can still feel wanted, welcome and at home.

I know that I don't get around as much as I used to but in our rural county I still see our LEO being treated with respect. They are viewed and treated as an integral part of our community. They (and the volunteer fire dept) give a lot of their spare time to community projects, especially those involving youngsters. Okay, they don't get paid all that well but there is something to be said for quality of life and a happy work environment.

Support the Blue.
    OzarkMarine, Injunbro and jeepnut like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7806 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    @Mister Dave -- I hope those pictures are fakes..........YE GADS, the wife looks more like a fat man than "the governor" does, although both are definitely morbidly obese. They look like Walmart shoppers in fancy clothes.

Not just you... my first thought was they look so similar, it made me wonder whether or not they are ever seen at the same place, at the same time, you know... a Clark Kent/Superman kind of thing.
    Last edited by gunhacker; 10-09-2019 at 03:04 AM.
    Conrad

NRA Endowment Member
    S&WCA #1830
    S&WHF #222
    Hopeless lifetime S&W Junkie
    Chronic "Marlinitis" sufferer

Political correctness: The doctrine fostered by the delusional liberals or the naïve, which attempts to promote the ideology that a turd is something that can be picked up and safely handled from the clean end.

Member #
    Liked
    1858 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post

Walmart shoppers in Illinois might take offense.

Yes those are real photos. I don't mean to pick on fat people. I could shave a few pounds myself. But the Pritzkers are consuming my money too. Many taxes just went up substantially here. So I'm going low on insulting them. I think they earned it.

Name:  410751d1570607810-wednesday-musings-img_1178.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  11.0 KB
    Thanks to KZero for that.

They're also tax cheats. Look for them to be dressed in prison orange in the future. I'm pretty sure this state holds the record for former governors convicted and incarcerated.

Quote Originally Posted by gunhacker View Post
    Not just you... my first thought was they look so similar, it made me wonder whether or not they are ever seen at the same place, at the same time, you know... a Clark Kent/Superman kind of thing.
    My first thought was that JB married his sister.

Quote Originally Posted by ETF View Post
    It's strange, isn't it? After a lifetime globetrotting this world I sit here in East Texas and there isn't a darned place outside this country that I want to go to. There are a bunch of places IN this country that I don't want to go to either.
    I lived in the SF bay area for 5 years. It was a lousy place to live then and it's worse now.

Get this:

PG&E just shut down the power there because it's too windy. They can't keep the trees away from power lines so to prevent a wildfire they just cut the power. It's said that the power could be out for a whole week.

What a dump.
    Last edited by Mister Dave; 10-09-2019 at 04:42 AM.
    OzarkMarine and klagz13 like this.
    Member GOA, NRA & SAF

Member #
    Liked
    3254 times
    In 1982 I attended an engineering training course that included 5 people from California. In coversation with them, I learned that my experience could easily get me a $20K per year pay raise from what I was earning in Minneaplis. After a little more conversation about housing costs, California income tax, local property tax, and Federal income tax the conclusion was I would have $125 less per month in my pocket than if I stayed in Minneapolis.

Turning off the electrical power because it gets windy, MAYBE a wakeup call for some folks. Now what do these fine people do for power for 2 weeks? Burn candles at night so their solar panels still provide electricity? Let them sit in the dark.
    OzarkMarine, jeepnut and Injunbro like this.
    NRA Life Member, Air Force 1970 - 74, S&WCA # 2533 Inactive, S&WHF #366
    2019 New Years Resolution: No more gun purchases

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links