My son called today from a California visit, I feel sorry for the local cops!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: My son called today from a California visit, I feel sorry for the local cops!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3406 times
    When I lived in Chicago (born & raised) the old joke was "our ex governors make our cars license plates".
    Never get's old, goes on and on.
    As do rising taxes and crime.
    Mister Dave, jeepnut and Injunbro like this.
    USMC 1969-1973

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23264 times
    I was born and raised just outside of Chicago (adjacent suburb) and left the area in 1979. Never looked back.

Masaad Ayoob's rule was to never go to the "bad places". I wouldn't live in one either.

I had family in Illinois until 2016, and am glad I have no requirement to even travel through the state anymore. I do have friends there that I miss.

When you leave the state for good, check out the mid-South. It's good here.

Remember, when you leave a state you also leave all their debt behind you for their citizens to eventually payoff. It's a significant percentage of annual taxation, and not sustainable in places like Illinois. Debt is a dangerous habit for politicians that like to buy votes through transfer payments.

Find a state that hasn't gotten a taste for overspending. You'll be much better off.
    jeepnut likes this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links