Police involved shooting at Lincoln, Nebraska Chic fil A
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Police involved shooting at Lincoln, Nebraska Chic fil A

Member #
    Liked
    4328 times

Police involved shooting at Lincoln, Nebraska Chic fil A

I was on my way to Chic fil A after work when I saw the police and paramedicas in the area so I cancled by app order and left the area. When I got home and looked at Facebook my sister had posted this: https://journalstar.com/news/local/c...b5FZc1uGeMrA2c she was concerned because she knows I work at South Pointe and often stop at Chic fil A.
    "I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
    -- George Mason, co-author of the 2nd Amendment

"Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26322 times
    The site is blocked.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    -Arthur C. Clarke
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
    -Upton Sinclair
    Please do not open and post the links on my threads.
    19and41

Member #
    Liked
    4328 times
    A disgruntled customer who left a normally busy Chick-fil-A restaurant in south Lincoln, then drove his pickup into the building Tuesday afternoon, is dead.

Officer Luke Bonkiewicz, a Lincoln police spokesman, confirmed that the person who backed their pickup into the restaurant had died and that there is no ongoing threat. A news conference is scheduled for 4 p.m.

An employee of the restaurant at SouthPointe Pavilions told the Journal Star that some guy "just went off" in the restaurant, throwing trays and flipping tables.

After he was confronted, he left the restaurant and backed his Dodge pickup through the front doors, then began chasing customers to their cars as a manager worked to clear the restaurant, the employee said.

An armed law enforcement officer who was reportedly waiting in the drive-thru lane at some point confronted the man, telling him to calm down, another employee said.

When he didn't comply, he shot him, employees said.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue crews administered CPR to someone in the parking lot, but those efforts ended and a body was covered with a white sheet.

It's not clear if anyone else was injured or if other shots were fired.

As building and safety crews evaluated the restaurant, police moved witnesses to one corner of the parking lot, where investigators were gathering information.

As many as 20 police cruisers were on the scene.

Charlie Colon, the franchise owner, huddled with his employees in the parking lot, tearfully leading a prayer for the suspect, the officer and Chick-fil-A employees.

"This will not define us," he told them. "Your love will."

Southwest High School went into lockout, which means students and faculty stayed in and the doors were locked. Tuesday was an early release day and students generally would have been leaving about the time of the incident.

This is a developing story. Stay with JournalStar.com for updates.

INITIAL REPORTING

Police and emergency crews responded Tuesday afternoon to a reported shooting at the Chick-fil-A restaurant in south Lincoln.

The initial call came in at around 1 p.m., saying a vehicle had struck the building.

Emergency radio traffic indicated that there was a shooting and a lone suspect was in custody.

There was no immediate information on injuries, although medics were performing CPR on someone outside the restaurant.

The restaurant is located on the east side of SouthPointe Pavilions, near 27th Street. The location is a popular spot for lunch and would typically be filled with customers and the drive-thru lanes busy with cars at 1 p.m.

According to police radio traffic, everyone in the restaurant is outside and police are working to interview witnesses.
    jeepnut, timcolr, 19and41 and 1 others like this.
    "I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”

-- Benjamin Franklin

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26322 times
    Bad service? Or just good old GP's?
    jeepnut and Curt360 like this.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    -Arthur C. Clarke
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
    -Upton Sinclair
    Please do not open and post the links on my threads.
    19and41

Member #
    Liked
    13596 times
    I don't particularly like Chik Fil A, as a restaurant, either. Just another Burger King, with a different name. We'll see how long it lasts. But.....I wouldn't ruin a perfectly good pick-up......to express my feelings. Bob
    Curt360 likes this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    4328 times
    Chic fil A is nothing like Burger King. They don't even have hamburgers. Burger King is horrible.

-- Benjamin Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    58530 times
    Well no matter as he is removed from the gene pool. Act stupid and life is extremely difficult and hazardous
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    824 times
    New meaning of DRIVE THROUGH restaurant!

Member #
    Liked
    17966 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    New meaning of DRIVE THROUGH restaurant!
    Nothing like a little arcane humor Paul....

Around here we call Burger King, Booger King.... Ain't no Chick-Fil-A's around here so I cannot comment.

I did just pull a Nebraska Mule Deer tag however. Looks like I'll be hunting there in November.

It't ain't a New Mexico elk tag bit it's better than a stick in the eye.
    Curt360 likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    4328 times
    Update: the officer involved is a railroad cop not city, county or state.

-- Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links