Gun 'Buy Backs', does that even make literal sense? What am I missing?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Gun 'Buy Backs', does that even make literal sense? What am I missing?

Member #
    Liked
    27169 times

Smile Gun 'Buy Backs', does that even make literal sense? What am I missing?

If the government at any level states that through voluntary or forced actions, they’ll ‘Buy Back’ your gun, doesn’t that suggest you bought said gun from the government to begin with? Full disclosure, I no longer have any guns, I beat mine into plowshares a ways back, but when I did have one… or perhaps two, I never bought a single one of them from the government. I didn’t graduate from college, but I enjoyed a good education back when public schools were really good, at least they were in Arizona, with that said, I just can’t connect this concept with reality. Now, it’s certainly possible to buy a gun from a police auction I suppose, but other than that, have any of you ever bought a gun from the ‘government’?
    “So son, explain again exactly why there’s a stripper in your bedroom?"

Member #
    Liked
    6061 times
    When I owned guns I didn't get them from the government. The only ones the government issued to me were returned years ago. When that boat sank I lost everything.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nmshieldshooter View Post
    When I owned guns I didn't get them from the government. The only ones the government issued to me were returned years ago. When that boat sank I lost everything.
    +1
    Blackcloud2 and klagz13 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    17364 times
    Ah, no and My boat never sunk. It might be taking on water as of late but it's still floating. Should be termed a Government by from not back. They never owned them.

Kind of like the newest catch word circulating on the net and even on Townhall.... 'Woke' What the hell does that mean anyway??? I'm 'woke'? Don't get that either.

Said before, if they want mine and they are willing to pay me what I have in them and not what they feel they are worth in today's inflated FRN's. They can have them. I have a coupe that are well north of 5 grand value that I paid when I bought them so facoring in inflation, I'd say north of 8 grand today.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22387 times
    These programs (whether funded by government or misguided private entities) originate from the "guns are bad" movement, and reflect the core end goal of all gun control tactics - namely to completely eliminate civilian ownership and possession of guns because even a lawful gun owner is now "scary"...

Recognizing that the legacy media's task is to emotionally stimulate people by constantly frightening them (making them dependent upon regular propaganda injections), the very sight of a firearm is enough to frighten many people.

There is no rational reality behind the people that advocate these programs. At best, they collect non-functional firearms from people that want to get rid of them, guns used in crimes from criminals that want to quietly dispose of them, and valuable firearms from ignorant people that inherited them from collectors.

The very idea that spending money on these programs will make anyone safer is ludicrous.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    56301 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    Said before, if they want mine and they are willing to pay me what I have in them and not what they feel they are worth in today's inflated FRN's. They can have them. I have a coupe that are well north of 5 grand value that I paid when I bought them so facoring in inflation, I'd say north of 8 grand today.

Oh come on... they'll determine your guns are now worth $50 each. If you overpaid that's too bad.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    3493 times
    Only morons would believe that a buyback program would take guns off of the street. Our little town had a buyback program a few years ago. The guns that would work were stolen and the others were pieces of crap. Go figure.
    jeepnut, lawdog and Bob K like this.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

Member #
    Liked
    17364 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Injunbro View Post
    Oh come on... they'll determine your guns are now worth $50 each. If you overpaid that's too bad.
    They tell me my guns are worth 50 bucks each, I tell them to BITE me.
    jeepnut, lawdog and Bob K like this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    24924 times
    In most of the supposed 'Buy Backs" you don't even get cash. You get a gift card for Walmart or Target, so technically there is no buying going on. Its just swapping.....your gun which you would prefer to keep, for the gift card you don't really want, at a price that you have no say in.
    Most business transactions where you don't want to sell the item, don't get money for it and have no say in how much you get for your item would be illegal as that's basically theft.
    Injunbro, Rule3, jeepnut and 5 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    13683 times
    My God-given constitutionally protect right to keep and bears arms isn't for sale, not even for a Walmart gift card.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links