Like Tree31Likes

Thread: New Zealand gets 10,000 guns

Member #
    Liked
    6059 times

New Zealand gets 10,000 guns

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tchurch-attack

Seems 10,000 guns have been turned in.

Anyone know how much owners/sheep get for a gun???
    19and41 and lawdog like this.
    NRA Certified RSO

Member #
    Liked
    28938 times
    Got back 10,000 out of 1.2 million guns..

Member #
    Liked
    2046 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy814 View Post
    Sounds better when you say less than 1% (closer to 0.83%).

bob
    jeepnut, Injunbro and lawdog like this.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the night, but set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    18800 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy814 View Post
    Is that 1%???

If we got to that here (and we may but probably not in my lifetime), if the gummit paid me fair market value, I'd surrender them, well, not all, just the safe queens. I sure as heck am not going to give up and of my firearms for a paltry 50 bucks and a pat on the back, not when some of my guns are worth north of 5 grand.
    lawdog likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    5576 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    Is that 1%???

If we got to that here (and we may but probably not in my lifetime), if the gummit paid me fair market value, I'd surrender them, well, not all, just the safe queens. I sure as heck am not going to give up and of my firearms for a paltry 50 bucks and a pat on the back, not when some of my guns are worth north of 5 grand.
    If we got there, there would be bigger issues than what Big Brother would be willing to pay you to give up your God-given rights. Remember folks, rights don't come from the Government, which is why the first 10 are written as negative clauses (Government shall not...).
    Injunbro, sp327 and NWDave like this.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." -A.E. van Vogt

" It is simply not possible to believe fossil fuel emissions will destroy the world and, at the same time, oppose nuclear power. "- Dennis Prager

Member #
    Liked
    305 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    Is that 1%???

Back against the wall....registered piece....yep. Be a SOB, but given no choice I'd feel much as do you. One thing I WOULD do tho, is hammer hell out of every part I was gettin' rid of, less the serial # attached thereto......now, the picker upper would have to wear some heavy, armpit length rubber gloves cause the items would be immersed in 'merde'...believe the euro types call it.......smelly, smelly merde!

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    643 times
    Well, they're doing better. The last report that I saw said that they had only collected 700. I too would like to know what they are paying per gun but from the amount of money they set aside and the number of guns in the country, it works out around NZ$100 per gun which is about US$65. They ain't getting mine. At my age I'll go to jail for 2 to 5 years and get free everything. No nursing homes for me.
    Leo918, NWDave, Injunbro and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6059 times
    Does anyone know what they are getting$$$$ ????
    NRA Certified RSO

Member #
    Liked
    10254 times
    Given that the Aussies were accused of being overly generous, I suspect they too are making it attractive. Initial reports of 530 or 700 voluntary surrenders sometimes included the caveat that many were watching and awaiting procedures and pricing. Nor have I seen a reliable estimate of the number of weapons affected.

This is the way England and Australia reacted to mass shootings, one and done. We had no access to similar firearms in Germany in the eighties because Germans could not own them (Standard of Forces Agreement). If Mitch and the Donald roll over on universal background checks (e.g. banning private sales) it will be interesting what an emboldened Democratic Congress will push for next. Other than several "straw man" acquisitions I am not familiar with a private sale entering into the mass shooting sphere. And of course the lone case of a felon finishing an 80% receiver.

As a frequent listener of NPR, don't believe every "gun safety advocate" is a complete idiot. Many understand the farce of the Clinton ban years and are prepared to discuss the issue on a level beyond bayonet lugs and folding stocks. We have enjoyed a period of increased freedom in many states for a fairly long period. We need to prepare for the challenges to come.
    Last edited by Waidmann; 08-13-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    Oldgungeezer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2046 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
    Does anyone know what they are getting$$$$ ????
    Screwed, that's what they are getting!!!

Under the buyback scheme, gun owners are compensated between 25% and 95% of the pre-tax price of a new gun, depending on the condition of their weapon.

People who own guns that are not banned under the new laws can also turn over their weapons during the amnesty, although they won't get any compensation. Police said a half-dozen such weapons were turned in during the Christchurch event.
    But Nicole McKee, the secretary of the Council of Licensed Firearms Owners, said the government was shortchanging gun owners by trying to complete the buyback on the cheap.

She said gun owners were forced to rely on police assessments of the condition of their guns and weren't getting paid anything for the thousands of dollars they had spent on tax as well as certain accessories and ammunition.

"They do want to abide by the new laws but they have no incentive and they're having fingers pointed at them and are being treated like criminals," McKee said. "They're angry at the way they're being treated."
    https://www.insider.com/new-zealand-...success-2019-7

bob
    Curt360, Rule3 and dogrunner like this.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the night, but set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links