Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28031 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tchurch-attack

Seems 10,000 guns have been turned in.

Anyone know how much owners/sheep get for a gun???
    Thank you.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    -Arthur C. Clarke
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
    -Upton Sinclair
    Please do not open and post the links on my threads.
    19and41

Member #
    Liked
    591 times
    [QUOTE=delcrossv;2188751]If we got there, there would be bigger issues than what Big Brother would be willing to pay you to give up your God-given rights. Remember folks, rights don't come from the Government, which is why the first 10 are written as negative clauses (Government shall not...)

The last part of this is so true
    Curt360, delcrossv, lawdog and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6361 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob R View Post
    Screwed, that's what they are getting!!!

https://www.insider.com/new-zealand-...success-2019-7

bob
    From that article I find this figure/paragraph hard to believe!

Police said they paid more than 430,000 New Zealand dollars ($288,000 USD) to 169 gun owners during the event. The money was paid directly into the bank accounts of gun owners.

Ya right, must be New Zealand math.
    Curt360 and Bob R like this.
    NRA Certified RSO

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    246 times

New Zealand gets 10,000 guns

Article said that some people felt like they were being treated like criminals when turning in their firearms. Stupid people. They now are criminals because they allowed these laws to pass making them into criminals because of what they now possess. And they are complaining about what they are given for turning over their now illegal items. So, this next part is not lobbying for any particular results. But the problem I feel like we have in the US is apathy. We allow our rights to be slowly eroded because we have no real organized plan to stop this, because if we were to take action and fail, we then become terrorists or criminals, and will undermine our argument. Instead we will be picked off one by one with no recourse. Unfortunately when swat shows up to take mine, they’ll eventually get them due to sheer numbers. And then I’ll be another dead “criminal “ with an “arsenal “

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ms-10-n1042036

Obviously he made some credible threats, but some are sound arguments. And this kind of follows what I was attempting to say

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by klagz13; 08-13-2019 at 09:26 PM.
    Oldgungeezer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10488 times
    If the $1700+(in USD) per gun owner is accurate for the 169 owners cited it may or may not have approached "fair". Since their legislature destroyed the market who knows? The large numbers made no sense at all to me. For those fans of the U.S. Constitution there is no obligation for "just compensation" unless your property is seized for the public use. If the property is simply legislated or decreed to be contraband historically there has been no compensation (the Civil War, original federal narcotics laws).

I ask you to remember back when the SecTreas then supervising the ATF took out his magic pen and turned three models of shotguns into Destructive Devices. I also ask you to recall that our Canadian neighbors finally drew the line at licensing their sporting long guns and defied their government for eight years before the government caved in. Nothing is ever as simple or as complicated as it first appears.

Having a plan, being prepared to support the right people, utilizing all the legal and political resources available all make sense. Talking like McVey won't solve anything. Apathy, I agree with. The last decade has been the best of the four I have owned guns. More types, variants, foreign imports, liberalized carry laws it has been a great era. It has been too easy for a while. We have enjoyed great success at the state level while the federal side of things lay dormant.

We have also witnessed since the mid-eighties violent acts committed in increasing frequency and fatality. A great number were due to systemic failures. A couple like Las Vegas and Virginia Beach are total head scratchers. There are people who channel their grief into a cause, people who are scared, there is an entire K through 12 cycle who grew up with fear and cops in schools. I am not suggesting rolling over or compromise rather offering other solutions, explaining concerns, being firm but some what respectful, persuasive, and nonthreatening is conducting ourselves.

Committing suicide by cop does not appeal to me.
    Mister Dave and lawdog like this.

Member #
    Liked
    17052 times
    The term 'buyback' says a lot about government mentality. Everything necessarily originates from government.
    Mister Dave likes this.

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    742 times
    They set aside NZ$150 million to buy back 1.2 million to 1.5 million guns in private hands. You do the math and convert to US dollars. Nobody is getting a $1000 a gun in either currency.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links