sponcered ads are now taking over
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: sponcered ads are now taking over

Member #
    Liked
    5590 times

sponcered ads are now taking over

Started with the fake posts/ ads by mazda, then Garmin joined in, then Obsev, then Burris optics, then History Daily, then Upbeat News. I'm sure there's more. The owners of this forum, and many other gun forums are ruining it for many of us that don't care to read their crap about their products. Our forum management can't do anything about it, can't remove the posts, or anything. It's to the point that not visiting this forum is getting very easy. I guess I'm the only one that is miffed. And YES, I do have ad blockers, but they don't block fake posts. Big blue isn't affected because they don't rely on sponsors for their existence.
    msharley, Curt360 and Cliff like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4485 times
    Cass, I believe the free internet is going to paid subscription and forced ads.
    Cliff

Member #
    Liked
    17369 times
    My ad blocker shows 11 blocked ads right now. I never get any. Having said that. I think it's greed on Vertical Scope's part, nothing more. I'm a paid member on here and lots of member are. I would prefer the have a pay-per-poster site and no ads whatsoever but Vertical scope isn't about that.

The original forum owner sold the forum to them, I would presume for a substantial amount of compensation. I'm kind of on the inside track with that, my IT sold his motorcycle related forum to them for a substantial sum but then turned around and started another forum, which I frequent. I do not ever visit the VS bought forum any more.

VS is (in my view) only pandering for money. Paid advertisers, keyword 'paid'.

BTW, the forum my IT owned and sold is Triumph Rat.Net.

I might add that my .com platform allows me to initiate a forum at any time. I never have because I'm not a good moderator for one and secondly, I don't have time but it has the capability.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22422 times
    Try "Disconnect" and the EFF "Privacy Badger" plugins for your browsers.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    17369 times
    I treat ads like I treat robo calls. I ignore them. I will say my ad blockers does a wonderful job of hiding them. The major drawback is if I click on on here and it takes me to say the 'Daily Mail' I cannot view the commentary because many sites (them included) want me to turn off my ad blocker, which I won't do because it's there for a reason.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    5372 times
    Ghostery says it is currently blocking twelve ads on this page.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

Member #
    Liked
    72680 times
    I just ignore. NOBODY should view or post on any of the adds. Maybe that will send a message to the "Owners" to get rid of the crap.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    4653 times
    I don't see anything except the forum.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    664 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    Me too. I use Disconnect and Opera browser on my Windows 10 computer. Disconnect is telling me it is blocking 5 ads on this page alone.

ETA: Today, at this moment in time Disconnect is now blocking 48 advertising requests on this page.
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; 06-14-2019 at 12:41 PM. Reason: update June 14

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7681 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    Same here... I'm using Firefox browser, with no other ad blocker add-ons installed.
    lawdog likes this.
    Conrad

NRA Endowment Member
    S&WCA #1830
    S&WHF #222
    Hopeless lifetime S&W Junkie
    Chronic "Marlinitis" sufferer

Political correctness: The doctrine fostered by the delusional liberals or the naïve, which attempts to promote the ideology that a turd is something that can be picked up and safely handled from the clean end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links