Why Should Anyone Obey the Law Anymore?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Why Should Anyone Obey the Law Anymore?

Member #
    Liked
    4599 times
    Those that know the justice industry get by with a lot more than those who don’t know it. Basically, the crooks have less problems with the judicial industry than the first time law breakers. They’ll hang the newbie with fines, property seizures, sentences, etc and grind them down to the point they can’t get anymore out of them.
    The crooks pay off the right people and continue their crimes until it becomes to egregious. Then the judicial industry will take them down a notch.
    Injunbro and SidecarFlip like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13343 times
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartJ View Post
    "Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law."
    — Sophocles

"The government is the potent omnipresent teacher. For good or ill it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that the end justifies the means -- to declare that the government may commit crimes -- would bring terrible retribution."
    -- Justice Louis D. Brandeis
    ...and sadly, that is the road we are headed down today..... It's the 'it's good for me but not for you' mentality.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19356 times
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartJ View Post
    "Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law."
    — Sophocles
    "And yet, few would consistently come closer to breaking the law than those politicians that consider themselves above it... "
    --- Marc (Smith and Wesson Forum, 2019)
    Injunbro likes this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 59dexta View Post
    My thoughts as I write my check tomorrow
    Well, heck, why bother? Oh yeah, because break THAT law and they'll put a tank in your yard to take "their" money from you, that's why...

Member #
    Liked
    3960 times
    There's a bleeding heart judge in Dallas who's not going to prosecute many petty crimes. No consideration is given toward the victims, they're SOL. It's as if the judge thinks if the criminal is poor, the victim deserves to be robbed.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/e...-reform-go-far

Given the moral decline, it's a sure bet that petty crime in Dallas is going to skyrocket.
    Injunbro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    52895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG View Post
    There's a bleeding heart judge in Dallas who's not going to prosecute many petty crimes. No consideration is given toward the victims, they're SOL. It's as if the judge thinks if the criminal is poor, the victim deserves to be robbed.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/e...-reform-go-far

Given the moral decline, it's a sure bet that petty crime in Dallas is going to skyrocket.

The judge needs to be robbed next. Call it education.
    powrguy likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13343 times
    I know one thing for certain and that is, if the Democrats retake the Whitehouse and impose their draconian gun control laws and confiscation schemes, I'll become a law breaker because I won't follow their 'laws' no matter what they are.

Just like the bump stock thing in Ohio. No one has turned them in even though it's a felony to posses them. Lots of silent law breaker out there in the real world.

One of the most asinine things Trump ever did and the NRA condoned it. Made me think real hard about continuing my membership.
    Injunbro likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links