Member #
    Liked
    3884 times

Exclamation "Jamies" Law H.R.1705 - Jaime's Law Ammunition

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-.../text?r=48&s=1

This is so "convoluted"!

Lets go after the ammo now!

https://wassermanschultz.house.gov/n...ocumentID=1309

“Ammunition sales should be subject to the same legal requirements that should govern firearm sales: universal background checks. The same laws that prevent dangerous individuals from purchasing firearms also prohibit them from amassing arsenals of ammunition, with one major loophole: there are no background checks for ammunition sales to enforce the law. Closing this ludicrous loophole is a common sense component of a comprehensive strategy to reduce gun violence,” said Blumenthal.
    Last edited by Rule3; 04-13-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    NRA Certified RSO

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19304 times
    But... background checks don't work. Never have and never will - and worse, these "feel good" laws divert resources from actual crime investigation and enforcement.

Millions of dollars wasted.

Why don't they work? Lawful gun owners know that criminals, terrorists and psychopaths either steal guns, use a straw buyer to buy them for them or carry out their crimes before they have been prohibited from acquiring firearms.

Any other interpretation of the impact on crime of these ill conceived false flag laws is pure delusional fantasy.

Terrorists have learned to recruit attackers with clean backgrounds - and in the case of the Florida nightclub a few years ago - even recruited a licensed security guard with a commercial concealed carry permit.

Background checks simply cause every lawful gun owner overhead, delay and bureaucratic expenses. Since they don't work, and have been proven to never work to stop or even reduce crime, calling for "Universal Background Checks" (really a national firearm registration scheme) to "reduce gun violence" is intellectually dishonest.

There are no "loopholes". "Arsenals of ammunition" just sit there. Background check laws do not prevent dangerous individuals from acquiring firearms, only from unlawfully buying them from a dealer if they are already prohibited. Only a national registration scheme could possibly detect (much less prevent) unlawful transfers.

How's about enforcing the law that says if you're a prohibited person and a law enforcement officer finds you in possession of a firearm unlawfully, you get prosecuted 100% of the time for 100% of the penalty? That would help reduce violent people from using guns because they would be in prison where they belong.
    Last edited by mrerick; 04-13-2019 at 01:46 PM.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13287 times
    Haven't 'we' played the ammunition game before? Jog my memory somebody.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13287 times
    Reading it makes me want to puke. Of course it don't apply to me, I roll all my own all the time...
    ArkieVol likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19304 times
    Failed gun control strategies still get enough traction to continue to erode the rights of lawful people.

This is why the grabbers will never stop promoting them. That and they keep coming up with new strategies every few months.

This is why, as lawful gun owners, we will never compromise our rights away. In doing so, you always lose in terms of liberty and safety.

How 'bout, "NO"...
    Curt360 and Injunbro like this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    Haven't 'we' played the ammunition game before? Jog my memory somebody.
    Yup, GCA of '68
    In God We Trust
    Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying,
    Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?
    Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13287 times
    I always find it amusing that every 'new' piece of legislation enacted or not is just a rehash of an old failed piece of legislation. You'd think politicians could come up with something original but then probably not because most of them are about as smart as a rock.
    Daryl......

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13287 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith44Spl View Post
    Yup, GCA of '68
    Thought it was a rehash...
    Daryl......

Member #
    Liked
    22371 times
    Criminals arent allowed to buy guns in the first place, so why would they have a need for ammo anyways???
    Curt360 and jeepnut like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13287 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy814 View Post
    Criminals arent allowed to buy guns in the first place, so why would they have a need for ammo anyways???
    Wonder if criminals roll their own too?
    Daryl......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links