What happened at Smith&Wesson customer service ?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: What happened at Smith&Wesson customer service ?

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Whew! After much effort on my part, S&W requested the gun back to replace the barrel as a "courtesy". I was already searching for a good custom shop to do the work but I got a phone call from CS asking for the gun to make things right.
    Diabloman and Thewelshm like this.

Member #
    Liked
    14020 times
    Well Good Heck! Good on You! Persistance pays off. S&W must have had alotta calls and decided in yer favor. Good Shooting and range report when ya git'er back?

Member #
    Liked
    2995 times
    And what happened? Did it come back ok? Any more problems?

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22985 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carvin125 View Post
    I'm new to this forum but not to shooting ,or to firearms in general. Recently I bought a new Smith&Wesson m&P shield in 9 mm as a carry piece for summer. When it arrived I physically could not fully load either of the mags that came with the pistol. I tried everything and even took it back to the store where I purchased it and asked the owner to give it a try. Neither of us are small guys and certainly have the strength to load a mag. I can get 5 rounds in the 7 round mag and 6 in the 8 round mag . I then called customer service and told them of my problem. They reccomended i load both mags fully and let them "settle in for a couple weeks " I told them that the entire issue was that the mags could not be fully loaded. I asked for another rep to advise me. I was told by him to buy a wooden school ruler and pump the springs a couple thousand times to weaken them and "wear in the followers" At this point I was so shocked and pissed off that i oiled the pistol and reboxed it . My point is i bought a new pistol to carry and S&W treats me like a newby and ignores the problem completely. I was ready to sell all my S&W's and go with a brand that stands by it's product ,and customers . I have had great luck with Kel Tec , Taurus, Glock and even Hi point. S&W is not the company I once knew. I bought a $400.00 pistol , not a gun kit. This thing should fully function out of the box ,or shouldn't pass quality control at the factory. My next choice will be something from a company who respects their customers and wants return business. I have 9 other S&W's I won't part with the Wheel guns , but the rest are for trade or sale. Thanks for nothing Smith &Wesson !
    I had the exact same problem with mine. I asked for this forums advice and was told to get an Uplula mag loader. Never had a problem since.

Name:  2015-09-18 001 2015-09-18 001.JPG
Views: 30
Size:  1.92 MBName:  Fixxer grip extension (3).JPG
Views: 26
Size:  1.49 MB
    Wiregrassguy likes this.

Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less

Robert E. Lee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links