newcomer from Oregon
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: newcomer from Oregon

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    We only made landfall twice, both times to Da Nang, once to re-barrel our 5"-54's and again for battle damage repairs. we also got to see a lot of take-offs and landing's when we pulled carrier watch, "Yankee Station". pilot rescue duty. anyway, welcome home, and thank you for your service.

Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    Welcome and yes pictures are good.
    NRA Lifetime Member

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8425 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gp42305 View Post
    Thank you so much for the info blazermark, I came by this old gun from a neighbor when I lived in Tucson, an elderly retired fella who did Estate sale and auction arrangements, and knowing I was a "gun nut" he offered it to me prior to the sale. he was asking $150., you can imagine my response. he told me the owners grandfather was a U.S. Postal Inspector and this was the sidearm he carried. no real provenance though, too bad. though the gun does exhibit much wear, it is tight as a drum, no cylinder play at all, perfect timing and solid lockup, all the edges are sharp and bore and chambers are super clean. no rust anywhere. all indications to me of good care but truly used. I really wish I could provide pixs, I took some last night with my smart phone (that's an oxymoron), and with my digital camera, but had zero luck downloading to this site. the instructions are confusing to me and if someone could make it EASY to perform that task I will try again, otherwise, skip it. unsuccessful endeavors on computers only serve to piss me off, then I quit. anyway, thanks for the info, that's really cool. GP
    to the forums from SE Indiana. First I would like to thank you for your service at a time when our military was not appreciated. I got my draft notice and was classified III-A..married with a child and one on the way and was never called. My cousin was KIA on August 18 1968. I'm old school when it comes to guns of all kinds..don't even get me started on smart phones and other gadgets. That is a very nice old Smith you have there. I see you mentioned the Postal Service so I have a reason to post a pic of my Colt Bankers Special in 38 S&W caliber..I carried one of these when I ran on the mail trains back in the mid 60's with the Railway Mail Service. We do like pics so when the opportunity arises I take advantage and post. This is the best and friendliest site on the net...a lot of info from folks who really know their stuff. Again welcome to the site and for your service. Be safe and God bless. Dick. Name:  100_1497.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  1.20 MBName:  100_1500.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  947.4 KBName:  100_1502.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  1.26 MBName:  100_1136.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  1.04 MBName:  100_1134.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  740.5 KB
    Wiregrassguy and Injunbro like this.
    IGNORANCE IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE COMMODITY THAT YOU CAN OWN

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    South Fork, PA ten miles from Johnstown and 90 miles east of Pittsburgh
    Liked
    707 times
    hello and welcome to the forum from PA. Sounds like you have one of those "carried a lot, shot a little" guns that I also have. When you do get up and running with posting some pics please feel free to post any guns you have, we like them all.

Member #
    South Fork, PA ten miles from Johnstown and 90 miles east of Pittsburgh
    Liked
    707 times
    hello and welcome to the forum from PA. Sounds like you have one of those "carried a lot, shot a little" guns that I also have. That is a great pistol you have and good job on posting the pics. Also a Vietnam Vet here, retired Navy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Links