Hello from Belgium
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Hello from Belgium

Member #
    Liked
    102216 times
    Hi and welcome to the forum from NW Pennsylvania!
    timcolr and long3239 like this.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    1047 times
    Howdy!
    long3239 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1656 times
    Hello Lionel and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana, U.S.A. Thanks for the pics, very nice! Enjoy!!
    long3239 likes this.
    S&W 642 38 Special
    High Standard Double Nine 22 Revolver
    H&R Targeteer 22 Rifle
    Marlin 336BL 30-30 Rifle
    Iver Johnson 12ga

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27638 times
    Hello Lionel, and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your S&W semi-autos.

Many in America don't know the long and deep history Belgium has with firearm design and production.

I recently edited a major biography on Paul Mauser with one of the authors who lives in Belgium. As a result, I've visited Liege and Brussels a number of times in recent years, and very much enjoyed these trips.

I was invited with the authors to present a symposium organized by the Belgium Weapons Collectors Association recently on Mauser at the Curtius Museum in Liege. There is considerable interest in American firearms in Belgium, and I was able to visit one of the most complete private collections of Smith and Wesson handguns while there.

Here are the videos from the symposium. Man people don't know that both Paul and Wilhelm Mauser got their professional start as gunsmith designers while working for Samuel Norris (Remington's representative) in Liege.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ijn...fPiu3hO_QKOxMo
    long3239 and ShooterGranny like this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    7259 times
    Welcome. You made good choices with both of those handguns. Good luck on your .357 search. I would recommend you try for a 686 or the blued version, a 586.
    long3239 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5206 times
    Welcome LONG, from the state of South Carolina.
    long3239 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2518 times
    Very nice looking collection and welcome from the high desert of Arizona.Texas is somewhere to the east of us.
    ETF and long3239 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6881 times
    Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    2193 times
    Welcome from Western Canada. I hope you enjoy it here online. Our laws are quite strict too for handguns, but nothing like Belgium.
    long3239 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrerick View Post
    Hello Lionel, and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your S&W semi-autos.

Many in America don't know the long and deep history Belgium has with firearm design and production.

I recently edited a major biography on Paul Mauser with one of the authors who lives in Belgium. As a result, I've visited Liege and Brussels a number of times in recent years, and very much enjoyed these trips.

I was invited with the authors to present a symposium organized by the Belgium Weapons Collectors Association recently on Mauser at the Curtius Museum in Liege. There is considerable interest in American firearms in Belgium, and I was able to visit one of the most complete private collections of Smith and Wesson handguns while there.

Here are the videos from the symposium. Man people don't know that both Paul and Wilhelm Mauser got their professional start as gunsmith designers while working for Samuel Norris (Remington's representative) in Liege.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ijn...fPiu3hO_QKOxMo
    Thanks a lot!
    I live in Liege and yes we have a strong history in firearms production.
    Near me is the FN factory, where the mauser 89 rifles were manufactured at the end of the 19th century, and which produced many famous models, such as the gp35 hi-power, the FN five-seven, the assault rifles scar and many others. There are also many armourers and a school of armory in Liege.
    Happy to know that we are known for our expertise and our passion for weapons

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links