Hello from Ohio
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Hello from Ohio

Member #
    Liked
    34 times

Hello from Ohio

Hello. My name is Jeremiah and I'm an addict. I assume most of you are as well. My revolver addiction began with a 1969 model 10. I'm 33 and my adult gun buying began with the tactical as-many-rounds-as-fast-as-possible-best-if-i-used-it-in-video-game theory. I went to look at that model ten under the impression it was a newer snub s&w. Price was good enough to buy it but if course I didn't want an old 38. I put 6 rounds of some off brand lead nose through it and couldn't believe the group. Still sold it for double the money. Took me three years to get that exact gun back and it'll never leave again. Wasn't my first revolver but the first one I loved. I've bought 5 other "model 10s"from a 1906 to model 64. Maybe a dozen other revolvers. Recently grabbed a rough cosmetic 455 Canadian\British. Looking for pre lock 649 and 65. Can't beat those old Smith's but most are out of my price range.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21772 times
    to the forum.

I've gotten addicted to the Model 10's as well; along with some other models too.
    Curt360 and Oldgungeezer like this.

Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less

Robert E. Lee

Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    Welcome to the forum, Jeremiah.
    Congratulations on re- acquiring your first love.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    68864 times
    Welcome to the forum! We do like pics so don't be shy about posting. Great people and good info here.
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Thanks kzero. I'm divorcing, which sucks but no more having to hide or lie about guns. Your comment makes me think about looking up that girl from high school I used to be nuts about. Who knows.. the world turns in mysterious ways..

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Here's the .455 and the 1906, both recently acquired. The unit markings on the 455 have me interested even though I thought I was buying a .45. I don't like adding calibers if I can about but have a soft spot for guns with history, although I'm no "collector". That 1906 wouldn't really have any value to anyone, would it? I would keep it just to have it. I don't have any safe queens, I shoot everything. In fact, I don't have a safe. By the time I get around to having extra money, there's another gun for sale. I know to stay light in the old stuff, but I wouldn't want to beat on something someone might want to baby
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21768 times
    Welcome to the forum. We are, of course, a group of world class enablers. You'll like it here.
    Curt360, jeepnut and Oldgungeezer like this.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Welcome to the forum

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    35132 times
    Howdy and Welcome.

Best Regards,

Geezer
    Curt360 and jeepnut like this.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    2647 times
    Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.
    Curt360 and jeepnut like this.
    "Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know that the feller that... that wrote the writin' was a writin' the writin' right? See it could be that he wrote the writin' all wrong. Here I'd be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see?"
    [Festus Haggen]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links