Please help
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Please help

Member #
    Liked
    6348 times
    when you bought the gun from the auction house, did you have to fill out a form 4473 - like this one?

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/44...53009/download

if you did, i dont think you are personally at risk for anything - you followed fed rules..

if you did not, then the seller decided it was a pre '1898 manufactured weapon, right or wrong - and you could be at risk, but the seller even more so..
    Oldgungeezer likes this.

Sing Dixie while they bury me, so I'll hear it for eternity.
    Let us dream forever under Southern land with a rebels flag tied in our hand.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    42851 times
    Welcome to the forum!
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    Cum Deo et victricibus armis

Member #
    Liked
    1948 times
    Welcome.....
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    When someone shows you who they are,believe them the first time. Maya Angelo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    38504 times
    Looks like the Op is in Pennsylvania. There is no requirement by the state to "Register" a handgun. What is done is the form 4473 and background check. For the background check we fill out a" Pennsylvania State Police Application/Record of Sale". I think that is because we use PICS (PA Instant Check) instead of NICS for the background check. This record of Sale is often confused by people as Registering their gun with the state police, when in effect its for the background check and so you have legal paperwork saying you bought the gun. I understand that the names & gun serial numbers that are run at this time, are deleted every 24 hours so there is no permanent database of gun owners
    Oldgungeezer and sig_230 like this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Links