All members of this forum TAKE NOTE....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: All members of this forum TAKE NOTE....

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    37979 times

All members of this forum TAKE NOTE....

"In the future any member posting a post involving the use of a carnal verb will be given a temporary, if you are lucky, suspension for a week. We have been more than tolerant but some members are abusing that toleration to continue slipping in content that has no business here. This ends NOW! Either people are going to wise up and stop this from this point on or they will eventually end up gone permanently. We are through playing games on this issue, especially after repeated notices, you are seeing notice has been given, heed it because if a message shows up here with that content again and we see it or it is reported, you will NOT be given a warning from this point on, you will be gone for a week, if not permanently which can be at the discretion of whichever moderator, admin or owner sees it."

We currently have a member on a 7 day suspension because of it happening again with an image involving that word which hopefully will let members here know that we are serious and this is going to end one way or the other.

Another issue that we are seeing is the use of creative spelling. There is no reason at all to type bullsh!t or something similar and think that simply because you found a way around the rules and filters that it is acceptable or will not get trouble for you. It is too easy to find an alternative word like bull stuff or simply BS with everybody knowing the intent meant to play these word games.
    Last edited by WendyZXZ; 03-26-2018 at 09:15 PM.
    Everything that happens is either endurable or not. If itís endurable, then endure it. Stop complaining. If itís unendurable . . . then stop complaining. Your destruction will mean its end as well.

Member #
    Liked
    2327 times
    Just so we're clear, are you referring to someone using the "F-bomb"?
    I don't get it. Why does anyone feel the need to use that kind of language?
    There are so many better words...
    Always looking for a deal on more reloading components & ammo. I once tried to see things from the liberal perspective - but I discovered I'm not flexible enough to get my head up my ...

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    37979 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BC38 View Post
    Just so we're clear, are you referring to someone using the "F-bomb"?
    I don't get it. Why does anyone feel the need to use that kind of language?
    There are so many better words...
    That is the one. Here recently we have had a few of the online picture and images making statements included in posts which have that particular word as part. Typical was the image I deleted Saturday with a picture of a sign with this comment in the sign: This week teens are setting the agenda for the country while months ago the press criticized them for eating "self edited carnal verb" tide pods.

I personally have no issue with a link to a story, video or whatever, but let people know that if they open there might be something that might offend some and at least they know what they are getting into if viewing.
    Last edited by WendyZXZ; 03-26-2018 at 09:08 PM.
    Everything that happens is either endurable or not. If itís endurable, then endure it. Stop complaining. If itís unendurable . . . then stop complaining. Your destruction will mean its end as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    37979 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GPBurdell View Post
    Thanks for the job you do as Moderator - hope none of mine have crossed the line
    I have not seen any of yours that did cross the line. We do have members that use common sense and good taste for all practical purposes which is one of the things that is perplexing on having to issue such a warning. I guess it is because you see something, agree with it and don't think twice before posting. Case in point was the image I deleted. I agree wholeheartedly with the message but not how a part of it was worded, and I personally do not know of anybody here who wants to see F-bomb words(to use the common polite way of putting it) popping up because of how often those have been reported even if the staff did not see it beforehand.

Member #
    Liked
    17634 times
    Thanks Wendy for the reminder and Friendly Warning! While I may be thinking it when I am reading what is going on the world I always try to keep it civil when I am posting to the Forum.
    Call me Old Fashion that is not the type of language I use around a Lady.
    Whenever You Try To Make Something IDIOT PROOF.........They Will Just Make Better IDIOTS!
    You can lead a Man to Congress, but you can't make him Think Milton Berle

Due to the rising cost of Ammunition a Warning Shot will no longer be fired, Thank You For Your Understanding.

NRA Life Member since 1988 now Endowment, And Proud Of It.

Member #
    Liked
    13731 times
    Well....my Granny said that when a person uses cuss words it's because they aren't smart enough to use better words. Me...I have been practicing how to make a person I'm upset/mad at by using ornery words NOT cuss words and it works! My wife was/is my guinea pig and I'm makin progress according to her. Good Heck who'd uh thunk....? Stuff Happens....?

Member #
    Liked
    33796 times
    Well, Diabloman, MY Granny must'a known YOUR Granny! She said just only slightly differently - if you have to use cuss words, you aren't fluent in English. Same end result!

I posted once before - get Paint.net. It's a free download, and it ain't anything close to Photoshop. But you can select a blank area of the picture (rectangle select) then paste it. Once pasted (pert-much anywhere) you can drag the corners this way and that so it blocks out offensive words. Then you can select Text, and type in whatever you think will get the point across without upsetting folks. I fixed a battleship meme that had used the word "ordinance" when it should have used "ordnance". Can you tell? Took maybe 5 minutes and I had no idea how to do it going in.

Name:  ordnance.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  46.5 KB

Here it is with the upper right corner pasted into the flame, and the Text added....

Name:  junk.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  126.3 KB
    Last edited by sdismukes; 03-27-2018 at 01:34 AM.
    No God, No Good.... Know God, Know Good....

Any government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have.--- Thomas Jefferson

911 Response time: 600+ seconds. 1911 response time: 800+ feet per second.

US Navy, Vietnam Vet, NRA Life Member, GOA Life Member, Hook'em Horns!

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6729 times
    bump

Carl

​S&WCA | SAF | GOA Life | NRA Benefactor

Member #
    Liked
    5571 times
    The "f-word" is the most over used word in the English language - especially by the truly ignorant. I will admit to using it to the most extreme when I see a picture of obammma or the beast, and other words come into play as well - but not on a public forum.

Member #
    Liked
    5571 times
    Might want to make this a sticky ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links