Drop-in handguard
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Drop-in handguard

Hello all, I just recently bought my first AR, the M&P Sport II. It has a railed gas block and I've been interested in getting the Leapers UTG PRO M4/AR-15 15" Carbine Length SuperSlim Drop In Handguard Picatinny/Weaver Top Rail Aluminum Black MTU015SS hand guard. I currently use a 7" hand guard that is working, but I have a long reach and would like a longer hand guard for my reach. The hand guard is made for the A2 front sight, but the railed gas block is smaller but square. I was wondering if this would fit. The gas block looks small enough for the hand guard to go around. I would like to use the drop in hand guard over the free float for cost reasons. I would have my bi-pod on the bottom obviously, my flashlight on the right, and a grip possibly behind the bi-pod. Anyone have experience with a drop in hand guard?

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    37469 times
    Welcome to the forum!
    Everything that happens is either endurable or not. If it’s endurable, then endure it. Stop complaining. If it’s unendurable . . . then stop complaining. Your destruction will mean its end as well.

Member #
    Liked
    13162 times
    I can't tell ya if it will fit, but do ya really want a handguard with an exposed sizzling hot gas block in the middle of it? That's no good.

A low profile gas block is about $25. Then you'll have endless choices of any length and configuration free float handguard, many of which are no more expensive than the $100 UTG handguard you're considering now. You'll need a couple AR specific tools- upper receiver vice block and barrel nut wrench. Under $50. If ya don't want to mess with it, suggest you consider a different upper in the configuration you want. Palmetto sells compete uppers less BCG and charge handle for around $200.

Links