Added Guntec fake suppressor
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Added Guntec fake suppressor

Member #
    Liked
    18485 times
    We have enough 'supression' in this country as it is. Mostly political in nature...
    pearsol likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    14853 times
    I very much enjoy suppressed rimfire shooting. Not having ear protection strapped to the skull nor plugs jammed in ears is quite enjoyable. Of course ya need a place to shoot where others aren't shooting unsuppressed which limits a lot of folks from recreational suppressed shooting.

One of my favorite .22 suppressed shooting is steel at 200/300yds with my Savage FV-SR. Click.... wait... wait... wait... ding. Fun and very relaxing. Also like bouncing around soda cans and shotgun hulls at the Plinking range with my Ruger. Shooting environment really comes alive without hearing protection. So much nicer...

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 1.13.11 PM.png
Views: 22
Size:  2.15 MB

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 1.13.35 PM.png
Views: 24
Size:  2.01 MB

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 1.14.09 PM.png
Views: 24
Size:  2.02 MB

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 1.18.25 PM.png
Views: 23
Size:  1.31 MB

Never seen anyone shoot a suppressed rimfire that didn't get an immediate ear-to-ear grin.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 08-14-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    O4L, 1av8r and combat like this.

Member #
    Liked
    693 times
    I understand, it is the same grin I get every day when shooting airsoft for training, and I can do it safely almost anywhere. I get the same joy as I do my firearms, and I do shoot my firearms also, just not as much. I get a certain joy from anywhere from 100 to 500 rounds a day for a couple bucks without giving Uncle Sam 200 bucks, and letting him know that I possess firearms. They banned bump stocks with stroke of a pen, they might ban suppressors with the same pen, don't think they won't inventory your collection while confiscating suppressors. Sorry I like the idea, but I can't justify putting myself on radar when I can already shoot silently.

I do support your decision, just one that I don't want to make. Did I mention I have full auto airsofts also, and can burn thousands of rounds for about 20 bucks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    18485 times
    I can see the day coming when propellant initiated bullets won't exist anymore nor will the devices to fire them either.. Why my next purchase will be a PCP air rifle in the 30 caliber range. Very quiet, extremely lethal. Of course the 'accessories' are expensive, like scuba tanks and or a compressor capable of developing the pressure needed to charge one. but, once you have the necessary hardware, it's all good and there are no license requirements either.

I think taking large game with an air rifle would be a hoot.
    Walkingwolf likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    18485 times
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    What is that supposed to mean? I can't disagree with you? I'm outspoken too!
    Of course you can but I can counter as well. Fram oil filters are junk. Only good for a muffler.
    Daryl......

Member #
    Liked
    18485 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    I can see the day coming when propellant initiated bullets won't exist anymore nor will the devices to fire them either.. Why my next purchase will be a PCP air rifle in the 30 caliber range. Very quiet, extremely lethal. Of course the 'accessories' are expensive, like scuba tanks and or a compressor capable of developing the pressure needed to charge one. but, once you have the necessary hardware, it's all good and there are no license requirements either.

I think taking large game with an air rifle would be a hoot.
    Additionally, a suppressor on a PCP air rifle isn't regulated by the BATFE at all. In fact there are no regs for air rifles. Like flamethrowers.
    Walkingwolf likes this.
    Daryl......

Member #
    Liked
    693 times
    I practice with a bow everyday also. Mostly quiet, I could add silencers to the strings but I am not hunting with the bow. While I cannot get off arrows as fast as a semi auto I do pretty good at one arrow per 2 seconds into a small paper plate at ten yards. It might be my imagination but I believe it helps my ability with a firearm.
    combat likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links