My M&P AR 15 blew up
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: My M&P AR 15 blew up

Member #
    Liked
    14821 times
    Curious that would be determined with no ammo left to inspect other than a few rounds which had been blown out of the magazine. If it was "defective" ammo as described you'd think there would be a recall posted on the manufacture's website with lot numbers affected. I looked on NGR but didn't see anything.

From my limited perspective, nothing in this thread from beginning to end has added up. Seems the most likely scenario is NGR just bought ya a rifle so you'd go away. In any event, sounds like a satisfactory ending for those involved.

Federal is offering rebates on M193 and M855. Palmetto is offering case + pmags at good prices.

Good luck.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 08-19-2019 at 12:21 PM.
    mrerick and bearcat6 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    57859 times
    Thanks for the update. Stick around, there's lots of good folks & information here.
    combat and bearcat6 like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phil, I assure you it was the ammo. Looking back we should have known something was wrong when my gun jammed twice and it has never jammed. I had 28 of the 30 rounds saved and sent to NGR. I called it a collar and as I’ve said countless times, I’m no expert. It’s the flange area that was determined to be suspect. It was a wise decision in their part and the right decision.
    Injunbro likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    18435 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcat6 View Post
    I don't understand what the angle of the collar is. Glad this worked out for you.
    Neither do I. On any bottleneck round, you have the base, the body, the shoulder and the neck, like to know what the hell is a collar? Collar is something my dog wears when he goes walking.
    bearcat6 likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7868 times
    Probably the shoulder angle... but whatever was "out of spec", if this was new cases (since they claim it was new ammo), then you would think NGR would then have some recourse with their brass supplier for out of spec cases... unlikely that they make their own brass.

And I agree, they should at the minimum, have a warning on their website about a bad lot.
    Conrad

NRA Endowment Member
    S&WCA #1830
    S&WHF #222
    Hopeless lifetime S&W Junkie
    Chronic "Marlinitis" sufferer

Political correctness: The doctrine fostered by the delusional liberals or the naïve, which attempts to promote the ideology that a turd is something that can be picked up and safely handled from the clean end.

Member #
    Liked
    18435 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gunhacker View Post
    Probably the shoulder angle... but whatever was "out of spec", if this was new cases (since they claim it was new ammo), then you would think NGR would then have some recourse with their brass supplier for out of spec cases... unlikely that they make their own brass.

And I agree, they should at the minimum, have a warning on their website about a bad lot.
    Not to start a pissing match over cases but, I still don't comprehend why a couple were and the rest weren't. I don't care who is swaging the cases, all dies, master production and home reloaders dies (mine included), the shoulder dimension and taper is machined to SAMMI specs with no exceptions, the only exception to that is wildcatting or bumping shoulders to attain better headspace in a tight chamber. irregardless, the angle of the shoulder datum stays constant. If it was not correct, then why did some chamber and not others.

Still want to know what a collar is. My gut feeling is the ammunition supplier bought him a new gun because that is the cheap (non litigation) way out. Attorney's are all expensive, I know, I keep one on retainer for my business.

I have my own theory about what happened but I'll keep it to myself.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Links