Who Won't Buy One Of These Because Of All The Plastic? (M&P 15-22)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Who Won't Buy One Of These Because Of All The Plastic? (M&P 15-22)

Member #
    Liked
    11151 times
    $329 free shipping. Maybe I'll pick up another. I prefer the new M-LOK handguard like the wife and I have on our ARs.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...-rimfire-rifle

Hers/His

Curt360, cjt50 and WendyZXZ like this.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    The new M-lok handguard is a great improvement over the older quad rail. Wish I could replace my older 15-22's handguards with the new style but alas; S&W customer service gave the usual answer, "That part is not available for purchase."

So I bought one! Now I'm up to 5, it's a disease I tell ya.

BTW, nice looking rifles ChattanoogaPhil

Member #
    Liked
    11151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gearchecker View Post
    I will never own one of these. They're junk, and the only thing they have in common with an AR-15 is what they look like.
    It's a kids gun no matter how you look at it. the only "AR" platform 22LR rifle I know of that's worse is the Mossberg Tactical 22.
    This was made for those that can't afford to shoot .223/5.56 ammo, but want to have a cool looking "Tactical" rifle, and made as an entry level beginners rifle.
    Let the flaming begin!
    Actually, there's is a great deal in common with the AR15 which is one of the reasons the 15-22 gained such popularity. The fire control group is interchangeable. Stocks and grips are also interchangeable. The platform being the same proportions allows for iron sights and optic mounts interchangeable. The Picatinny and MLOK handguards accept the same accessories as any other. The barrel is also threaded to AR specs which is something I don't care for. I would prefer threaded .4in depth rimfire specs. The main reason for that is suppressed shooting which is Hollywood quiet with the 15-22 and SV ammo compared to 5.56 that suffers supersonic crack.

Along with all that, the 15-22 has an outstanding reputation for reliability and longevity.

Whoever it was telling you the things you posted was terribly ignorant on the subject and did you a disservice. Hope this helps.
    Curt360 and cjt50 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3884 times
    How many mags does it come with? One or two??

That's a good price.
    NRA Certified RSO

Member #
    Liked
    11151 times
    I don't know. Probably one. Mags are regularly advertised under $20.

Member #
    Liked
    4298 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Actually, there's is a great deal in common with the AR15 which is one of the reasons the 15-22 gained such popularity. The fire control group is interchangeable. Stocks and grips are also interchangeable. The platform being the same proportions allows for iron sights and optic mounts interchangeable. The Picatinny and MLOK handguards accept the same accessories as any other. The barrel is also threaded to AR specs which is something I don't care for. I would prefer threaded .4in depth rimfire specs. The main reason for that is suppressed shooting which is Hollywood quiet with the 15-22 and SV ammo compared to 5.56 that suffers supersonic crack.

Along with all that, the 15-22 has an outstanding reputation for reliability and longevity.

Whoever it was telling you the things you posted was terribly ignorant on the subject and did you a disservice. Hope this helps.
    x2.........

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've got one so far in kryptek, and an M1A. Don't see a need for an AR-15

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Strongly disagree have both calibers and junk there not
    Quote Originally Posted by gearchecker View Post
    I will never own one of these. They're junk, and the only thing they have in common with an AR-15 is what they look like.
    It's a kids gun no matter how you look at it. the only "AR" platform 22LR rifle I know of that's worse is the Mossberg Tactical 22.
    This was made for those that can't afford to shoot .223/5.56 ammo, but want to have a cool looking "Tactical" rifle, and made as an entry level beginners rifle.
    Let the flaming begin!
    Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    I wouldn't buy one 'cuse I've got one. And I don't care for it at all. I don't like the AR platform...found out after I bought one (AR-15 that is) and I don't like the $h!!ty mil-spec triggers on your average run of the mill AR.
    I'm hoping to sell my 15-22...and my Stag 3G.
    I may be tip top, but I’m no Robin Hood!
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    SAF Member

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceapea View Post
    I wouldn't buy one 'cuse I've got one. And I don't care for it at all. I don't like the AR platform...found out after I bought one (AR-15 that is) and I don't like the $h!!ty mil-spec triggers on your average run of the mill AR.
    I'm hoping to sell my 15-22...and my Stag 3G.
    Agreed the standard triggers are not the best, however you can upgrade them to suit you needs and wallet. Prices range from $50-300+. Personally I like the ALG ACT triggers for general use. Really cleans up the grittyness we all know and love on the standard mil-spec triggers. For a "faster" trigger I like the CMC single stage, Geissele, or Trigger Tech's, but now your spending money.

Don't give up on the AR15s if the trigger is the only issue.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links