Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Hate Tribunals Could Be Coming to USA

Member #
    Liked
    9038 times

Hate Tribunals Could Be Coming to USA

A Warning from Canada: Same-Sex Marriage Erodes Fundamental Rights

"Americans need to prepare for the same sort of surveillance-society in America if the Supreme Court rules to ban marriage as a male-female institution. It means that no matter what you believe, the government will be free to regulate your speech, your writing, your associations, and whether or not you may express your conscience. Americans need to understand that the endgame of the LGBT rights movement involves centralized state power–and the end of First Amendment freedoms."

A Warning from Canada: Same-Sex Marriage Erodes Fundamental Rights | Public Discourse
    Cliff, Injunbro and bruce like this.
    ROBERT @ OKC USA

He who questions much learns much. - Frances Bacon
    There was a time when men were kind and their words were inviting. - Les Miserables
    Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. - Thomas Jefferson
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
    80% of success is showing up. - Woody Allen

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM.
    NON REVERTAR INULTUS.
    SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

Member #
    Liked
    16155 times
    The gay rights movement is an attempt to destroy the traditional family. It is part of 0bama's transformation of America.
    bruce likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21641 times
    How will traditional families be materially harmed by all these things? I've been trying to reason it out, and I can't figure out an impact. I don't think any fallout has been experienced in other countries where this has been legal a long time.

I think that the current prevalence of divorce is doing quite a bit more harm to families, and especially children. I expect that a lot of the unrest in the black community recently is because many of these young people come from single parent homes where that parent must work, and can't really raise the child (leaving it to the gangs, streets, and other relatives).

Don't forget that the very existence of the First Amendment means that the government assumes the people's right to define regulation of speech. Thankfully, in our system, that regulation says that freedom of political speech will not be interfered with.

Marc
    Last edited by mrerick; 05-01-2015 at 08:44 AM.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    24346 times
    The harm comes when a baker is forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding, or a photographer is forced to photograph it. They are forced participate in an event that they find morally offensive or face loss of their lively hood. The next step would be to categorize any verbal non acceptance of the gay lifestyle as "hate speech" . If a preacher says being gay is a sin he is charged with a hate crime. Churches could be forced to host gay weddings or lose their tax exempt status.
    bruce, Injunbro and ussmanlovede36 like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21641 times
    This certainly is a clear reason for keeping church and state separated in our system. No church should be forced to host a ceremony that they find offensive. Same thing with free speech from the pulpit. Saying it's a sin is the minister's opinion based on the religion's moral code. That is protected speech. Telling a congregation to commit violence based on their beliefs is not protected speech. That is the kind of thing happening in the middle east today.

A public accommodation like a business may be another thing entirely. You can't live or work here because you were born left handed wouldn't fly. I won't bake you a cake because you are black probably wouldn't fly either. This may not be that different.... In any case, we are dealing with the curse of living in "interesting times"...
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrerick View Post
    This certainly is a clear reason for keeping church and state separated in our system. No church should be forced to host a ceremony that they find offensive. Same thing with free speech from the pulpit. Saying it's a sin is the minister's opinion based on the religion's moral code. That is protected speech. Telling a congregation to commit violence based on their beliefs is not protected speech. That is the kind of thing happening in the middle east today.

A public accommodation like a business may be another thing entirely. You can't live or work here because you were born left handed wouldn't fly. I won't bake you a cake because you are black probably wouldn't fly either. This may not be that different.... In any case, we are dealing with the curse of living in "interesting times"...
    As a buisness owner you have a right to decline service to any just because you don't like them. Whether or not it's good buisness policy is another matter.
    sdismukes likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9038 times
    Quote Originally Posted by str8shot View Post
    As a buisness owner you have a right to decline service to any just because you don't like them. Whether or not it's good buisness policy is another matter.
    A business person must not discriminate in providing public accommodations on the basis of race, color, religion or national origin under Federal law. Some states have similar laws for gender, ethnicity, age, breastfeeding in public and sexual orientation or gender identity.

These laws should not be confused with the right to not associate and not promote.

There is a difference between serving one in a public place and possibly promoting an activity through forced participation.
    Last edited by legelegel; 05-01-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    ROBERT @ OKC USA

He who questions much learns much. - Frances Bacon
    There was a time when men were kind and their words were inviting. - Les Miserables
    Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. - Thomas Jefferson
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
    80% of success is showing up. - Woody Allen

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM.
    NON REVERTAR INULTUS.
    SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Quote Originally Posted by legelegel View Post
    A business person must not discriminate in providing public accommodations on the basis of race, color, religion or national origin under Federal law. Some states have similar laws for gender, ethnicity, age, breastfeeding in public and sexual orientation or gender identity.

These laws should not be confused with the right to not associate and not promote.

There is a difference between serving one in a public place and possibly promoting an activity through forced participation.
    Intent is the hardest thing to prove .

Member #
    Liked
    12773 times
    Tommorow (Sat.) is the "Gay Pride" march in downtown Northampton. That's been a 'tradition' for many years in this liberal college town. They have tried to get a 'foothold' in Easthampton.......but the locals won't go for it. I guess we're not as 'smart' as them folks in 'N'hamp'!!! Bob
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26265 times
    The state can't legislate how the church will act, and the church can't tell the state how to run the country.
    This will come up in a supreme court ruling in the near future, and I hope and pray that a strong conservative lawyer is testing the waters.
    Separation of church and state will prevail.
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links