We Bad? Nope, Not!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: We Bad? Nope, Not!

Member #
    Liked
    2050 times
    Those type are welcome with an invite or sorry we have plans won't be home. Best to avoid them

Member #
    Liked
    60245 times
    I'm a firm believer in "house rules", my house = my rules. You don't like them, stay away; I'll do the same @ your house.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    8187 times
    Funny, both of my sisters and bil's like and own guns. If I had one layed out on the table, I'd probably get an offer to help clean it! (Or dirty it up!)
    "I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine!" -Johnny Cash

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    41594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabloman View Post
    She told sis to get the F out and Don't ever come back!
    Sounds exactly what I would have told them along with describing them with my first signature line because "I can NOT abide useless people.". Cut them loose and be done with the trash.
    Cum Deo et victricibus armis

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28093 times
    Not too many left in my family. My cousin is quite liberal and I know it and that's ok. I'm conservative and he knows that and that's just fine. We don't try to proselytize each other and we always try to find benign things to discuss because we were the best of friends growing up and want to continue being so. He was curious about my having a ccw license and I told him about the process and let him handle my unloaded revolver. no damaged sensibilities. My cousin knows there are many who do own firearms and doesn't live in constant angst of that. I guess he and I are lucky that way.
    WendyZXZ likes this.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    -Arthur C. Clarke
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
    -Upton Sinclair
    Please do not open and post the links on my threads.
    19and41

Member #
    Liked
    1883 times
    I don't get it. I have friends and family who are way more liberal or way more conservative then I and we all manage to get along fine.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    41594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule303 View Post
    I don't get it. I have friends and family who are way more liberal or way more conservative then I and we all manage to get along fine.
    That is because you and 19and41 have family and friends who can agree to disagree politely without any and all disagreements turning into a Islamic like Jihad against anything they are opposed to. The OP has one of the best examples of that with this comment from step sister:

"Sis accused my wife of wanting to shoot someone with her Ruger Mk 2, 50th anniv 22 pistol."

The woman is so dead set with a locked and closed mind that she has to make up lies like that BS. It is her religion, or her mental illness. It also proves that she is NOT liberal since a true liberal believes in maximum rights coupled with responsibility.
    Cum Deo et victricibus armis

Member #
    Liked
    289 times
    There was a good article I read years ago and I think it may have been in the "American Rifleman". It talked about a lot of antigun people have a phobia against guns and just like people that have phobias against snakes, spiders, heights, or small rooms, it is impossible to have a logical calm discussion with them and suggesting they seek professional help usually does not go over well either. None of my relatives or family is antigun, but a lot only have a few. A shotgun, a hunting rifle, a .22 rifle, a centerfire handgun and a .22 handgun is pretty common. I usually explain the reason I have a few more is that I collect them, and then it is O.K. Like uncle Joe who collects old glass insulators or Jake, the guy who collects old tractors.
    NRA Lifetime Member

Member #
    Liked
    1883 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyZXZ View Post
    That is because you and 19and41 have family and friends who can agree to disagree politely without any and all disagreements turning into a Islamic like Jihad against anything they are opposed to. The OP has one of the best examples of that with this comment from step sister:

"Sis accused my wife of wanting to shoot someone with her Ruger Mk 2, 50th anniv 22 pistol."

The woman is so dead set with a locked and closed mind that she has to make up lies like that BS. It is her religion, or her mental illness. It also proves that she is NOT liberal since a true liberal believes in maximum rights coupled with responsibility.
    Point taken. I just can't fathom someone being so F'd in the head that they put their agenda above family and friends.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28093 times
    Always try to be gracious and rational, Your relations might see the advantage and follow suit. It's like that old saying about being able to pick friends but not your relatives.
    WendyZXZ likes this.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    -Arthur C. Clarke
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
    -Upton Sinclair
    Please do not open and post the links on my threads.
    19and41

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links