Its time to be Brutally and totally honest. Corona virus related.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: Its time to be Brutally and totally honest. Corona virus related.

Member #
    Liked
    12753 times

Its time to be Brutally and totally honest. Corona virus related.

First i want you all to know that i speak of this from a professional perspective . 40 years in Law enforcement and 30 years a Paramedic/EMT. My older brother is a M.D. Phd professor of medicine .

Today at the pharmacy i was waiting to pick up a script for for the wife. A lady in line said " Oh this whole things will blow over next week and we will be all fine ! "

THERE IS ONLY THREE WAYS THIS VIRUS PANDEMIC ENDS #1 They find a cure .. #2 They find a vaccine to prevent its spread. of #3 it dies out on its own accord due to environmental conditions that kills the virus that are not known to us at this time .

This is not going to be over any time soon. PERIOD . Even young people who have had the virus and are now " cured " have horrible lung scaring and lung damage. this virus attacks the lungs and causes
    heavy pulmonary lung damage.

All we can do is everything to prevent the spread to ourselves. Keep any close personal contact to a minimum .. Extremely careful sanitation of all surfaces and extreme hand washing .

i hate to be the bearer of sad tidings but this is not going away anytime soon . We need to be honest and face the truth. Even the pharmacist at Walgreens agreed with my statement .

He smiled at me and said " you know way to much" and thanked my for my candor.

This is not meant to scare your but to prepare you. Honesty is the best policy.

Just my opinion
    TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Member #
    Liked
    6165 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Layne12gun View Post
    First i want you all to know that i speak of this from a professional perspective . 40 years in Law enforcement and 30 years a Paramedic/EMT. My older brother is a M.D. Phd professor of medicine .

Today at the pharmacy i was waiting to pick up a script for for the wife. A lady in line said " Oh this whole things will blow over next week and we will be all fine ! "

THERE IS ONLY THREE WAYS THIS VIRUS PANDEMIC ENDS #1 They find a cure .. #2 They find a vaccine to prevent its spread. of #3 it dies out on its own accord due to environmental conditions that kills the virus that are not known to us at this time .

This is not going to be over any time soon. PERIOD . Even young people who have had the virus and are now " cured " have horrible lung scaring and lung damage. this virus attacks the lungs and causes
    heavy pulmonary lung damage.

All we can do is everything to prevent the spread to ourselves. Keep any close personal contact to a minimum .. Extremely careful sanitation of all surfaces and extreme hand washing .

i hate to be the bearer of sad tidings but this is not going away anytime soon . We need to be honest and face the truth. Even the pharmacist at Walgreens agreed with my statement .

He smiled at me and said " you know way to much" and thanked my for my candor.

This is not meant to scare your but to prepare you. Honesty is the best policy.

Just my opinion
    People aren’t listening. I wish they would.

Member #
    Liked
    5248 times
    #4. God decides to take care of it.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8111 times
    I read an excerpt from a paper published in 2007 saying this virus was going to become a problem if the Chinese don’t stop eating exotic animals contaminated with it. But no, orange man bad.

https://cmr.asm.org/content/20/4/660
    You can't stop us on the road to freedom
    You can't keep us, 'cause our eyes can see
    Men with insight, men in granite
    Knights in armor bent on chivalry

Member #
    Liked
    20880 times
    All I can say is....NO CHIT
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27606 times
    How does antibody immunity work to stop the spread of such viruses?

What if it's already widespread in the American population, but the cases (like the vast majority) are either asymptomatic or mild enough to not be reported or tested? Only 7 percent of cases bad enough to test to date actually had Covid-19.

What if the lack of widespread testing has artificially skewed the disease progression numbers?

How does herd immunity figure in to the progression of this virus?

Corona class viruses are typically not "cured", but transmission declines as the population acquires immunity. A vaccine will tamp down the rate of infectious transmission, but not much more than avoiding sick people, cleaning your hands, sanitizing surfaces and the shorter life of the virus on warmer and more humid surfaces experienced during the summer.

An antibody to the virus has been identified (awaiting peer review) in Netherlands, but the investigators laugh at the idea of getting rich through licensing it to drug companies because virus transmission should be insignificant by the availability of derived drugs.

Let's all be safe, observe precautions, and revisit this in, say, mid July?
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5452 times
    We’ll never knows who is right when we get through this. Was it just a cold, or did the preventative measures succeed. Both sides will continue posturing. Err on the side of caution, my .02
    Last edited by ladder13; 03-23-2020 at 07:46 PM.
    msharley, Oldgungeezer and timcolr like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20880 times
    "This is not going to be over any time soon. PERIOD . Even young people who have had the virus and are now " cured " have horrible lung scaring and lung damage. this virus attacks the lungs and causes
    heavy pulmonary lung damage."

Cured? There is NO CURE. They can get it again and the next time with decreased lung capacity and compromised immune systems, the next time may be the last time....

I keep telling everyone, the best defense is a good offense. Keep away from others (social distancing), wash your hands with soap and HOT water (better than hand sanatizer), keep your hands away from your face, eyes, nose and mouth, use latex gloves when pumping gas and using the keypad on the pump and handling currency, 2 of the most germ laden items you can come in contact with. I've been taking cash and putting it in the oven and cooking it at 200 degrees for 30 minutes, I know that sounds crazy but you get it, you'll wish you did what was prudent.

Especially of you are older or have underlying medical issues.

Let me tell you how you die with Covid19.... Your lungs fill with your bodily fluid and you literally drown slowly and while you do, your air sacs rupture so you start blowing blood too. Helluva way to go. Nothing medically can be done except giving comfort. Remember, no cure, no vaccine and the end result (with older folks and those with existing medical issues is...DEATH.

The stark reality of it. You can accept it and be proactive or blow it off, but if you contract it, you'll wish the hell you never got it.

Enough said. I know exactly where I stand on it and what my wife and I are doing. I want to live another day. The Lord gave me a second chance last year, I'm not gonna blow it being stupid.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    20880 times
    I wonder just how many folks on here, won't be here next year this time. I hope to be (barring another vacation...)
    timcolr likes this.
    Daryl......

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thank you for that taste of brutal honesty. Let's hope people heed your warning. Only thing they have to loose is their life.
    msharley, timcolr and Layne12gun like this.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links